Need serious help wiring on/off +reset + HD LED switch to MoBo

MowSow

Golden Member
Mar 13, 2001
I have an intel MoBo now ...and I will be upgrading to the Epox 8KTA3 .. I noticed that the connector for the power on/off , reset, HD LED ... will not fit on the Epox. it is a flat connector that has 2 rows for a total of 8 connectors x2... so now I have no clue how to dismantel that connector .. and how to hook it up to the MoBo ...in the front there is a little board where the on LED and HD LED and 2 switches for on/off and reset, the connector plugs into the board the same way it does on the MoBo side !!
This case is ATX but what's the heck with that connector !!
Please heeelpp it is the only thing that is keeping me from firing up that baby ...

beb

Oct 26, 1999
Are you saying that all the wires from the case go into one connector that hooks to the pins on the mother board....all the cases I've seen had seperate connectors for off/on, reset, hdd led, etc.
Your user manual for your motherboard should tell you which wires go where, and if it is just one big connector you may have to do a little modifying to get it to work.

MowSow

Golden Member
Mar 13, 2001
I can tell what each connector is on the new MoBo is, but not the old one>>all it says is power on, I don't know also which connector is which on the little board on the front of the case where the LED and ON/OFF/Reset switchs are !!!
I have a multi meter but I am not sure what to measure !!!

Mar 9, 2001
Wow, what a nasty situation to be in! I feel for you.

Sounds like you may have to buy your way out, depending on how good your technical/mechanical skills are.

If I have the right mental picture based on your description, then one thing for certain is that the existing (case) connector has to go. That being the situation, you would then have to obtain and install the individual connectors that your new mobo wants to see.

It's possible that a "shop" could do that for you. And, you would need to compare the shop cost against the cost of a new case that has the right connectors.

An additional possibility is that your new mobo/processor need more power than your old setup. Another reason to go with a new case together with a larger power supply!

Good luck.