Need Quick Legal Advice

GoodRevrnd

Diamond Member
Dec 27, 2001
I got pulled over for speeding last month and it turned out my license was suspended because my insurance lapsed due to non-payment. Fortunately, I paid it about 2 or 3 days before I got the ticket and have the reinstatement letter from the insurance company saying so. I also have a voice mail on my phone from the DMV stating my license is currently valid. Apparently the insurance company is quick to notify the DMV to suspend your license but not so quick to tell them to reinstate it.

Anyway, this violation carries an outrageous $1130 fine so what should I do/say to ensure this charge is thrown out.

MrWizzard

Platinum Member
Mar 24, 2002
Originally posted by: Drakkon
goto court...bring documentation verifying dates...let judge see it

Might be the best course, get as much documentation as possible.

Unfortunaly with the new upgrading of the DMV and the technology. The insurance companies, depending on what state you are in, have to tell the DMV immediately if you policy lapses. You just happened to have things snowball. Which sucks for you.

Unless you can get confirmation over the phone that everything is ok, with the DMV and Courts. You?ll probably have to go to get it all straitened out. Keep logs, with names and number and times.

Good luck.