Need psychological help dealing with an error during motherboard installation

Ottonomous

May 15, 2014
It was supposed to be perfect. New 2600, B450, mem etc in an H200, with a twin-tower cooler notorious for its difficult installation (ma620p). I came back from a 22 hour shift exhausted but excited. After the initial test I was reinstalling cables and the utter shock of a broken VBUS pin on the USB3 header killed me. I shouted 'fuck' three times (autistcally) and now the computer feels 'tainted'. Like its no good. I have a virtually no-paying job (I need to look outside the country) and I've made it my life's mission to replace the board within 12 months.

No one can solder it here. Its just so harrowing. The Asrock B450 gaming itx was so beautiful while it lasted.

clamum

Lifer
Feb 13, 2003
giphy.gif

Ottonomous

May 15, 2014
My mom is very independent and very protective, I've obviously got a unique relationship. But the consumerist ideal of a fully functional b450 motherboard (cultivated across thousands of threads I've read across the internet) has been shattered. I have perfectionistic tendencies because I tend to overcompensate and I feel the only rightful recompense would be replacement with an x570 phantom. If I somehow damage that I am abandoning the pc building hobby.

You never hear about the people with partially damaged but near-fully-functional components, the ones who don't represent the tv ideal. Its very jarring

Ottonomous

May 15, 2014
I should've bought used components from alibabba/ebay, that way I would've taken solace in the 'savings' and felt less guilty about living at my parents and using my disposable income on hobbyist spending. A good 8 core xeon and chinese mobo, rx570, etc

brainhulk

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2007
My mom is very independent and very protective, I've obviously got a unique relationship. But the consumerist ideal of a fully functional b450 motherboard (cultivated across thousands of threads I've read across the internet) has been shattered. I have perfectionistic tendencies because I tend to overcompensate and I feel the only rightful recompense would be replacement with an x570 phantom. If I somehow damage that I am abandoning the pc building hobby.

You never hear about the people with partially damaged but near-fully-functional components, the ones who don't represent the tv ideal. Its very jarring

Pics of mom?

Reactions: s0me0nesmind1

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
Shove a slightly long piece of copper wire into the connector socket, attach the connector, press down hard, and go on with your life. Electrical connections aren't rocket surgery.

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
Shrug. My primary PCI-E slot on one of my X370 boards died. The secondary (x4 electrically) still works. I kept the board around, but replaced it in my main PC.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
I hear you saying that your Mom's refusal to breast feed you has left feelings of neediness in its' stead.

Ottonomous

May 15, 2014
Maybe that's why she likes having her ta-tas touched now.
Honestly wouldn't be surprised if you're motivated by your mother's sexual history to write like this. Sorry you had to deal with a revolving door of new 'daddies'

Muadib

Lifer
May 30, 2000
I must say, this thread provided me with more humor than I was expecting.:p
Op, the motherboard is new. Pack it up, and inform whoever you got it from that it was tainted, and you want a replacement.

Reactions: whm1974

Kaido

Elite Member & Kitchen Overlord
Feb 14, 2004
USB 3.0 is outdated anyways. You did yourself a favor.

It's scary that that's true. USB-C is everywhere now. I had to get an adapter just to use an off-the-shelf wireless mouse for a client the other day :p

Luna1968

Golden Member
Mar 9, 2019
It was supposed to be perfect. New 2600, B450, mem etc in an H200, with a twin-tower cooler notorious for its difficult installation (ma620p). I came back from a 22 hour shift exhausted but excited. After the initial test I was reinstalling cables and the utter shock of a broken VBUS pin on the USB3 header killed me. I shouted 'fuck' three times (autistcally) and now the computer feels 'tainted'. Like its no good. I have a virtually no-paying job (I need to look outside the country) and I've made it my life's mission to replace the board within 12 months.

No one can solder it here. Its just so harrowing. The Asrock B450 gaming itx was so beautiful while it lasted.

its a computer... get over it.

brainhulk

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2007
Wildly inappropriate, what kind of forum is this? Find your fix elsewhere

Well if it makes you feel any better, I just finished up my 4k blu ray player htpc. It is a super compact mini itx build. This thing is friggin sweet!

hWlFKJg.jpg

PheNq1h.jpg

Everything was purchased brand new from Amazon and it came perfect. I know i9 is overkill for a htpc. But go big or go home! Lol

Reactions: Captante

Ottonomous

May 15, 2014
Well if it makes you feel any better, I just finished up my 4k blu ray player htpc. It is a super compact mini itx build. This thing is friggin sweet!

hWlFKJg.jpg

PheNq1h.jpg

Everything was purchased brand new from Amazon and it came perfect. I know i9 is overkill for a htpc. But go big or go home! Lol
Good for you. Here's your pat on the head you attention-seeking boomer

also
>9900
>blu-ray
the utter state...