Need product descriptions for 2,500 items

Furor

Golden Member
Mar 31, 2001
We have around 2,500 computer/electronic type items that need product descriptions before they can be sold.

Currently, our preferred method is searching google and finding info from the manufacturer or another site that carries the product. This is a very tedious task though since some items are hard to find and its quite repetitve.

Does anyone know of a company that specializes in something like this, or maybe a better way to do it? Right now, we are just paying people to do it 8 hours a day..and while that works - we don't have enough people to tackle 2,500 items plus all the new items that come in every day.

Thanks

bctbct

Diamond Member
Dec 22, 2005
Depends, can you list the items here and I research and get back to you.

Furor

Golden Member
Mar 31, 2001
what research are you going to do? PM me your email address and i will send you a spreadsheet with a few hundred items

Idontcare

Elite Member
Oct 10, 1999
Just curious...how the heck (or WHY the heck) are you buying things if you don't have the description of them in the first place?

Is your business model based on buying random unlabeled boxes of stuff and then trying to resell them? Surely someone (whomever is purchasing them for the business) has the ability to know what it is that they are buying.

Personally were I in a position to make the decisions at your place of employ I'd make it a requirement of the seller of the goods (the seller to your business, whomever you buy from) to provide you with a description of the goods in question (in electronic format of course).

Make your suppliers do the work for you, you are their customer, spin it as a service they can do to differentiate themselves from their competitors. Alternatively you can convince them that their competitors are doing it already and you just want to see them step up and perform on-par with the industry they are in and avoid becoming antiquated.

Furor

Golden Member
Mar 31, 2001
Idontcare: It's kind of hard to explain...all of the items we get come from different companies, and generally the people that we buy the items from are in a completely different division than the people that can provide descriptions - and yes, it is kind of like buying unlabeled boxes of stuff - although we do get the brand, title, and sku/part when the items actually arrive. We have asked for descriptions but because of the size of these businesses, it's a 1-2 year project if it even gets approved.

AgaBoogaBoo: No, this is my first post on this subject.