Need non-otg USB-cable explanation

Ahmaman

Mar 16, 2016
Almost all USB-cables for mobile devices which can be bought through Amazon or Ebay.CN are mainly OTG-enabled. Which is fine because many need this in-wire hardware-enabled option to power and drive peripherals through and with their mobile devices. That is until you encounter a stupid piece of hardware (Asus T100/T300 Chi *cough) which only sports Micro-B USB2.0-3.0 ports but does not enable the OTG on the 3.0 Micro-B port. What you end up with is buying low-cost Micro-B OTG cables which do not allow USB 3.0 speeds on this USB3.0 Micro-B port.

The answer according to this thread, is using a non-otg 3.0 Micro-B cable.

A. I do not know how to recognize if a USB3.0 Micro-B cable is OTG enabled or not. I need iagrams and help.
B. Where can I buy (Europe) these non-otg USB3.0 Micro-B to USB-female-A adapters?

Last edited:

Gunbuster

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
I Would like to know as well. Typing on a T100HA right now. Not sure if I'm going to keep it though. It's just a hair too slow and the intel graphics driver has been derping out if the machine goes to sleep. Probably will use it for ~60 days and then use my Amex return protection.