Question Need new fans for Antec P182

de8212

Diamond Member
Jan 2, 2000
Two of my fans have died so I am looking to replace. I don't care if they are tri-speed or whatever, just need fans. They don't have to be the quietest but I don't want them to sound like a jet engine either.

Can anyone link me some suggestions please?
Do they have to be antec or are they universal fit?
Thanks

UsandThem

Elite Member
May 4, 2000
Fan size or fan location (and budget) would be helpful info for people to recommend fans for you.

They range in price from about $5 to $40 each.

de8212

Diamond Member
Jan 2, 2000
THe two that are dead are the lower one near the power supply and the rear exhaust.
I just want something comparable. Definitely not near $40. Maybe $10 or so each as long as they connect the same . I don't want to have to get different adapters, etc.

I believe they are 120 mm

Feb 4, 2009
THe two that are dead are the lower one near the power supply and the rear exhaust.
I just want something comparable. Definitely not near $40. Maybe $10 or so each as long as they connect the same . I don't want to have to get different adapters, etc.

I believe they are 120 mm

I replaced some in my old antech P180.
They were all 120mm. Pretty much any 120mm fan will work, just make sure the fan connector will work with your power supply and/or motherboard
Molex vs new connector thingy

UsandThem

Elite Member
May 4, 2000
If the Antec case in your sig is still the one you use, the stock fans came with molex connectors, which are not a common connection anymore. Most people plug 3-pin or 4-pin (PWM) fans directly into their motherboard (or into a fan control hub). You can still buy molex adapters if needed in order to connect them directly to a power supply connector, but most modern fans don't come with one.

That said, a few companies still offer them, and if you're not picky about them. Here is a set from Amazon that shouldn't be too loud (24.7 dBA):
https://www.amazon.com/Apevia-AF212S-BK-120mm-Motherboard-Silent/dp/B017S5P8FG

de8212

Diamond Member
Jan 2, 2000
Thanks. I just saw the last reply but I already ordered a fan earlier today.
It's this one.
Fan.

Along with this adapter.

Adapter

I assume these will work together.? I don't know if my old mobo has headers for fans.

If it does work I will order another fan.

LOUISSSSS

Diamond Member
Dec 5, 2005
yes, your mobo will have 3/4 pin fan headers for that Noctua fan, u shouldn't need that adapter.

I currently have 5 fans plugged into my mobo.

Campy

Jun 25, 2010
Thanks. I just saw the last reply but I already ordered a fan earlier today.
It's this one.
Fan.

Along with this adapter.

Adapter

I assume these will work together.? I don't know if my old mobo has headers for fans.

If it does work I will order another fan.

That adapter won't work with the fan you ordered. The adapter is for 3 pin fans, and you bought a 4 pin fan. Like Louis said you should still be able to plug the fans directly into the motherboard. If there are no headers for 4 pin fans on your motherboard, you can still plug the 4 pin fans into 3 pin connectors on your motherboard.

de8212

Diamond Member
Jan 2, 2000
Darn

At least it wasn't very expensive. Looking at my mobo manual there are a few 3 pin connectors and one 4 pin. Guess I'll look later to see if any are already in use.

How would I go about connecting a 4 pin fan to a 3 pin header?

Feb 4, 2009
Darn

At least it wasn't very expensive. Looking at my mobo manual there are a few 3 pin connectors and one 4 pin. Guess I'll look later to see if any are already in use.

How would I go about connecting a 4 pin fan to a 3 pin header?

They will only fit one way which leaves the 4th pin unconnected to anything. You will understand when you have them in hand.

aigomorla

CPU, Cases&Cooling Mod PC Gaming Mod Elite Member
Super Moderator
Sep 28, 2005
That said, a few companies still offer them, and if you're not picky about them. Here is a set from Amazon that shouldn't be too loud (24.7 dBA):
https://www.amazon.com/Apevia-AF212S-BK-120mm-Motherboard-Silent/dp/B017S5P8FG

oof... i only recommend Apevia fans to people i dont like.
By far the worst fans you can get.

Id rather get Rosewells These guys: (not my best recommendation but if you literally had to save every last dollar in budget)

But my ultimate budget recommendation goes out to arctic cooling:

Feb 4, 2009
Got the one fan in and plugged it into my motherboard. Sounds OK to me. Ill probably pick up another one sooner or later.

From my P180 experience be careful when you lift or tilt the tower. Front panel is very fragile and impossible to repair if it breaks.
Doesn’t seem like much material but my case was substantially louder without the front door.