Need input for a new wireless gaming mouse

dmoney1980

Platinum Member
Jan 17, 2008
So my trusty Logitech performance mx mouse is starting to die. Clicks are inconsistent and jumpy, same issue I had with my prior mouse before it kicked the bucket. It lasted me 2 years so I can't complain.

Anyways, I'm looking at some options out there and I'm not sure what to go with. Here's what I'm looking at so far:

Razer mamba wireless - looks nice, but I'm reading A LOT of negative reviews across Amazon and Newegg - not comforting.

Logitech G700 - looks like a sturdy mouse but has way too many buttons!

Err....that's about it so far. I honestly cannot find anything else that catches my eye.

Please help!

borderdeal

Aug 4, 2013
I have been using the G700 for over year and it has been a great mouse. Upgraded from an MX performance and it was worth it (got it for $49 at Amazon) Great mouse and I do not care about the extra buttons since I do not use them and do not get in the way.

Northern Lawn

Platinum Member
May 15, 2008
I have a new razor lachesis, it's my 2nd one. This version is slightly different and is much worse in the detection. I'm constantly lifting it up and blowing into the lazer hole to clear it out of whatever. Very frustrating, I don't remember having that issue with the last one. I gotta think their build quality has gone down.

Either way, it's wired and I'm done with razer. I do have some cat hair problems but I've had cats longer than computers. I'm going back to logitech soon, going to get that nice one it's about $90.

On a side note, I have a blue track cheapo micrsoft mouse that cost $15 that tracks better than my razor.

Zanovar

Diamond Member
Jan 21, 2011
The g700 was the best wireless mouse ive ever used shape wise the problem with it though(for me) was the side buttons they kept on failling. i was using a sidewinder x8 before that and currently using a razer naga epic.but i would take a non faulty g700 over the mice mentioned any day of the week.

Fire&Blood

Platinum Member
Jan 13, 2009
I got my G700 about a year ago, recommend it. Before it I owned the MX Revo and that one served me well too. I do prefer the G700 because of the wired mode, you can use it while you charge it and the Revo had to go in it's stand making it unusable during charging

ThinClient

Diamond Member
Jan 28, 2013
I have the G700S (note the S) coming to me from Logitech on a warranty replacement for my broken G9x. I don't have it yet so I don't have any way to recommend it, but check the reviews around Youtube. It looks like it's going to be an extremely awesome mouse.

KeithTalent

Elite Member | Administrator | No Lifer
Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
I bought a Logitech G700S a couple of months ago and I am loving it. Way better than the crappy Razer Mamba I had before (boy did I hate that mouse).

KT

BrightCandle

Diamond Member
Mar 15, 2007
I wouldn't mind the weight to wire trade off if it didn't come with such rubbish sensors for the mouse. But it seems Logitech and a load of other companies are intent on releasing mice that predict movements, flatten out lines, accelerate against your express settings and generally perform pretty poorly as a 1:1 relationship with the input movements that you make. I don't know of a single wireless mouse that actually comes up "flawless" that is also wireless. I wish I did, I have tried the G700(accelerates) and the Rat 9 (z axis and deaccelerates at speed and weights a lot) and found both seriously lacking their gamer credentials.

moonbogg

Lifer
Jan 8, 2011
I wouldn't mind the weight to wire trade off if it didn't come with such rubbish sensors for the mouse. But it seems Logitech and a load of other companies are intent on releasing mice that predict movements, flatten out lines, accelerate against your express settings and generally perform pretty poorly as a 1:1 relationship with the input movements that you make. I don't know of a single wireless mouse that actually comes up "flawless" that is also wireless. I wish I did, I have tried the G700(accelerates) and the Rat 9 (z axis and deaccelerates at speed and weights a lot) and found both seriously lacking their gamer credentials.

Blasphemer!

Patre

May 29, 2013
I got my G700 about a year ago, recommend it. Before it I owned the MX Revo and that one served me well too. I do prefer the G700 because of the wired mode, you can use it while you charge it and the Revo had to go in it's stand making it unusable during charging

This ^^

I've had my G700 for 6 months and I love it.....great fit for my medium sized hands. I've yet to program all the buttons (really hadn't the need to), but it's nice to know they are there if needed.

+1 for the wired charging and usage at the same time.

WiseUp216

Platinum Member
Mar 12, 2012
www.heatware.com
I've been using a Logitech G700s for a couple of months and absolutely love it.

I bought a 2-battery Eneloop USB charger so I can easily rotate fresh batteries into it.

gorcorps

aka Brandon
Jul 18, 2004
I've had problems with my G700 with what I can only describe as "lag" in wireless mode. If I connect the cable it's perfectly responsive but something is seriously wrong with the mouse when in wireless mode. Not sure if it's a hardware issue they hammered out or what, but it's the only device I have issues with.

Patre

May 29, 2013
I've had problems with my G700 with what I can only describe as "lag" in wireless mode. If I connect the cable it's perfectly responsive but something is seriously wrong with the mouse when in wireless mode. Not sure if it's a hardware issue they hammered out or what, but it's the only device I have issues with.

Not sure if this will work, but you can try increasing the polling rate in Setpoint Software. If you have already done this, try reinstalling Setpoint Software in a clean boot of Win.

Also, look into disabling the in-game function keys (if the above doesn't work).

BrightCandle

Diamond Member
Mar 15, 2007
I have said it before - basically I don't care if people follow my advice when it comes to mice. If you choose a mouse with accleration and other problems its too my advantage when we meet online, it only helps improve my K/D ratio. I really ought to stop telling people to buy a decent flawless sensor mouse really, its certainly not in my interests to be telling you otherwise. The more people with rubbish mice the better my score.

moonbogg

Lifer
Jan 8, 2011
I have said it before - basically I don't care if people follow my advice when it comes to mice. If you choose a mouse with accleration and other problems its too my advantage when we meet online, it only helps improve my K/D ratio. I really ought to stop telling people to buy a decent flawless sensor mouse really, its certainly not in my interests to be telling you otherwise. The more people with rubbish mice the better my score.

The mouse suffers from acceleration due to the hardware in the mouse itself? Meaning it can't be rectified by turning acceleration off in software? I'm not saying you are wrong, because I have no idea. I'm just saying I am curious about this and whether or not I'm having to compensate for an accelerating mouse when I'm playing and I'm not even aware of it. I also love an obnoxious K/D, so anything that might help is welcome.
I thought the G700 was a high quality, properly built mouse with 1000hz polling rate for no lag etc etc. What mouse do you use?

BrightCandle

Diamond Member
Mar 15, 2007
The mouse suffers from acceleration due to the hardware in the mouse itself? Meaning it can't be rectified by turning acceleration off in software? I'm not saying you are wrong, because I have no idea. I'm just saying I am curious about this and whether or not I'm having to compensate for an accelerating mouse when I'm playing and I'm not even aware of it. I also love an obnoxious K/D, so anything that might help is welcome.
I thought the G700 was a high quality, properly built mouse with 1000hz polling rate for no lag etc etc. What mouse do you use?

Yes the G700s accelerates even when you tell it not to. Its just one of its faults.

Personally I use a Zowie Evo CL EC1.

KeithTalent

Elite Member | Administrator | No Lifer
Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
Yes the G700s accelerates even when you tell it not to. Its just one of its faults.

I don't understand, what kind of acceleration? I don't ever recall seeing this happen while I'm playing. :hmm:

KT

moonbogg

Lifer
Jan 8, 2011

Personally I use a Zowie Evo CL EC1.

I'm not sure I'm fast enough or good enough for minor sensor imperfections to make any difference for my gameplay. When its time for a new mouse i'll look into it more since I have never even considered these things before.
When I lose 1 on 1 battles its because I wasn't fast enough or accurate enough with my reflexive gameplay. I have a ludicrously long way to go before I can start to blame my deaths on my mouse sensor.

Last edited:

Arkadrel

Diamond Member
Oct 19, 2010
don't like any of them, find them too heavy.

+1

Not to mention the always running into "how charged up is my mouse" issue.

Wireless keyboard from experiance is okay.
The wireless mice, ive had have all been bad experiances.

Today I use both a keyboard and a mouse with a "wire", and Im all the happier for it.

Im not a big fan of the wireless.

cmdrdredd

Lifer
Dec 12, 2001
I'm not sure I'm fast enough or good enough for minor sensor imperfections to make any difference for my gameplay. When its time for a new mouse i'll look into it more since I have never even considered these things before.
When I lose 1 on 1 battles its because I wasn't fast enough or accurate enough with my reflexive gameplay. I have a ludicrously long way to go before I can start to blame my deaths on my mouse sensor.

A lot of times when someone blames the mouse it's just them lol.

I'm not a fan of wireless either Arkadrel. I don't use a gaming keyboard or anything fancy. I have a Logitech G400 and a full size Leopold keyboard with blue cherry MX keys. I don't care about being "pro" or using gear that measures on some computer to be 1/100's more precise or whatever. That's nonsense to me. If you're good at the game, you're good at the game and I don't know that the wrong mouse would make you suddenly suck.