Need ideas for a presentation topic

narcotic

Golden Member
Jul 15, 2004
We have this 'fun' thing at work, where every once in a while someone has to choose a topic and make a short presentation about it.
Well, its my turn, and I was wondering if any of you has a nice idea for a topic to present. It has to be suitable for a workplace but other than that it can be really anything.

Oh and if you're really into it you can go a head and send me a prepared presentation... :p

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
You could do the myers-briggs personality tests.

For more fun...
The pros of legalizing marijuana.
The effects of women with super short skirts and a half bottle of perfume on productivity.
Executive secretary pay rates compared to a front line manager, that will really boost morale.

narcotic

Golden Member
Jul 15, 2004
Some nice thoughts so far :thumbsup:

Mullets could be fun.. Also the personality tests, though I don't see how I can make a presentation out of it.

xdreadpiratedoug

Jul 25, 2007
In high school, I gave a demenstration oh how to remain silent, which provided about a total talk time of 30 seconds. Unfortunately, we had to make it last 5 minutes - so I provided an example and stood there.

Ended up with the highest grade in the class.

uclaLabrat

Diamond Member
Aug 2, 2007
As soon as I finish my presentation on "Total Synthesis of Natural 8- and 9-membered Lactones", I'll send it on over. Or you could just go to Chemical Reviews and copy and Paste everything yourself.

narcotic

Golden Member
Jul 15, 2004
Originally posted by: uclaLabrat
As soon as I finish my presentation on "Total Synthesis of Natural 8- and 9-membered Lactones", I'll send it on over. Or you could just go to Chemical Reviews and copy and Paste everything yourself.

As appealing as that might look to any random crowed I would still prefer something more ehm.. how shall I put it.. interesting for a general audience.

uclaLabrat

Diamond Member
Aug 2, 2007
It'll be awesome! Ever seen a whole crowd fall asleep in 2 slides? I can do it, even with a chemist audience!

Jeff7

Lifer
Jan 4, 2001
Some topics from speeches in a speech class I'm in:

Penguins
Tanning (seriously)
The history of Budweiser
The Sopranos
How laws are passed
The Mars Exploration Rovers (mine, and it seems that I actually made it interesting)

Other options:
Leading theories as to why the chicken crossed the road.
The physics of airplanes on treadmills. :D
A proof that electrons taste like Grape-ade.
A clear demonstration of how Stella got her groove back.
Jimmy cracking corn, and why we should care.