Need help with Stalker/Steam/patch/mod problem

nitro28

Dec 11, 2004
I downloaded Stalker from steam and played for about a week so far. I heard good things about the faiakes mod so I downloaded it and applied it to the game folder. At first the game played fine then it started crashing as soon as I would try to load a save. Steam downloaded the 1.0005 patch when I bought the game and it is not compatible with this mod. Is there any way I can uninstall this patch and go back to 1.0004? If I had the dvd it wouldn't be a problem but since its steam I don't know if there is a way to do it. I don't want to loose my progress but I want to use this mod for sure.

nitro28

Dec 11, 2004
If I delete it and download the game again it will still have the 1.0005 patch on it from steam. It didn't give me the option to stop the update patch I don't think.

BassBomb

Diamond Member
Nov 25, 2005
Well if you delete local content you wont have that mod anymore

I mean delete local content, delete mod, redownload + dont install mod.

Canai

Diamond Member
Oct 4, 2006
It's not the mod's fault. 1.0005 is just crap. I don't know of any way to get an older version out of steam, but I'm currently running 1.0004 and not having any problems in a non-steam version.

nitro28

Dec 11, 2004
So is my only option to buy a retail version of stalker if I for sure want to use this mod? I guess its only $20. If I buy a retail copy can I transfer my saved games?

misle

Diamond Member
Nov 30, 2000
According to Steam's forums, there is no way to roll it back to 1.0004. I've been having the same problems.

Once I installed 2 mods (no head bobbing and Weight), Stalker will not load any saved games except autosaves (using Vista). So, I tried it in WinXP, now when exiting Stalker (and randomly), I get a BSoD and a reboot.

On Steam's forums, there is a beta 1.1 patch, but no mods work with it.

nitro28

Dec 11, 2004
All right, I went and bought a retail copy. Anyone know where the save game files are in my steam version? I don't see them.

Zenoth

Diamond Member
Jan 29, 2005
Originally posted by: nitro28
All right, I went and bought a retail copy. Anyone know where the save game files are in my steam version? I don't see them.

I don't know about the Steam version's file structure for S.T.A.L.K.E.R., but the retail version stores the saves and other files in: C:\Shared Documents\STALKER-SHOC