Question Need help with Outlook Express 2007

boing

Sep 13, 2001
I recently had a hard drive crash and am trying to rebuild my machine, I managed to get my data off my hard drive but have run into an issue. I need to replace my old emails which I have the .pst files for, I have a lot of stuff saved in various folders for my job so I need to keep that structure, also if I log onto my server it just downloads the last 10 years worth of emails....

To avoid this I installed Outlook Express 2007 (yes I know) and placed all my old .pst files into the C:\Users\me\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook folder and fired it up. It loaded all my old emails but there are two problems:

1) Outlook is still creating a NEW account folder (below) and is sucking down all my emails from my service provider (10 years worth.....) I really wanted the OLD folder to remain my active one and get rid of the NEW folder, I also need to not try and sync with my email providers decade worth of old emails.

Annotation 2022-02-16 161821.png

2) The second problem is there are emails with a line through them in the NEW inbox which I don't understand (below) and they can't be deleted. Can anyone offer some advice please?

Annotation 2022-02-16 162805.png

boing

Sep 13, 2001
I think I have this sorted, I was using IMAP settings instead of POP3 which I originally had, deleted and re-set to POP3 server and all is well!