Need Help with New Website

pcthuglife

May 3, 2005
About a week ago I came up with an idea for a new web site. The idea was to start a web site where people can share their linux/server configuration files with other users. I see a lot of posts on linux discussions boards that ask for help configuring Samba, Apache, Postfix, Squid, etc. etc. so I thought it would be cool to setup sort of a database of different conf files.

The Register and Login forms should both be working, and registered users should have the ability to post new conf files. I say "should" because the site is still brand new and I've only tested it a handful of times.

If anyone's interested, please feel free to sign up while I continue to work on the completion of the site. The more content the site has the easier it will be to work on the site's layout and search functionality.

I hope to have version 1 of the web site ready by August 1st. Thanks for any/all help!
www.serversamples.com

pcthuglife

May 3, 2005
Come on gang, I see dozens of new Linux threads in the OS section each week. Some of you linux guys/gals gotta have something you can contribute.

randay

Lifer
May 30, 2006
Would probably spend more time searching for the right conf file then making one on my own.

pcthuglife

May 3, 2005
Hey just wanted to post an update. The site is still under construction but it's to the point where new users can sign up and post new samples. The search engine isn't up and running yet but I have what should be an adequate drill down menu on the Samples page.

I'm hoping to have the feedback/rating system and "help" functions ready by the end of the week. RSS and the search features should follow shortly after that.

pcthuglife

May 3, 2005
The sample rating and feedback function is now online. I've also added a few answers in the FAQ's section. If anyone has a good configuration file they'd like to share, come on and post it! :)