Need Help with new Comp

Discussion in 'Computer Help' started by Kira365, Jan 9, 2013.

1. Kira365

Kira365 Member

Alright so I got all my part yesterday:

MOBO-ASRock Extrem 6
    CPU- Intel i5 3570K IB
    Corsair H100 CPU liquid Cooler
    GPU- Gigabyte Radeon HD7050 3GB
    RAM- Dual Patriot Viper (16GB(2x8GB))
    Power supply- XFX Pro 550W
    SSD- Samsung 840
    Optic Drive- Lite On

So I put my whole comp together, no problems, runs the POST test. Nothing crashes or get on fire. So i go ahead and start installing the OS(Windows 8 Pro)
    Everything is still fine, so I start downloading some drivers from a memory stick I have so I can get the latest drivers. First one goes through, second one goes through, and then the third one freezes my computer, so I wait for like 15-20min and nothings happening so i hold the power button to turn it off. Ten when I restart it it show a windows automatic repair sign, and it trying to fix some problem but I dont know what it is and its stuck in that loop wont even take me to the sign in screen. What do I do guys????? Need Help Please????

2. Loading...

Similar Threads - Comp Forum Date
    Fans spin for a second but comp won't turn on (Solved) Computer Help Oct 5, 2016
    Comp freezes after logging in/Fails to boot Computer Help Sep 21, 2016
    Comp Crashes Every Hour Computer Help Feb 22, 2015
    Monitor wont display, comp seemingly boots fine Computer Help Nov 24, 2014
    Help with upgrading my 3 year old comp Computer Help Sep 9, 2014

3. teviondj

teviondj Junior Member

after you install system do not instal anythink till you go pas all updates i had same problem on my last pc propobly you gona have over 130 updates to do do them all then check for mor updates till is no morre to do then your pc its ready.

4. denis280

denis280 Diamond Member

what is the third one.do you restart after each drivers install.

5. Kira365

Kira365 Member

Didn't know that lol

and it was the LAN driver, I didn't restart after the second one but i was going to after this

I actually just finished fixing the problem this morning, I reinstalled the OS and installed the drivers from the CD that the MOBO came with

But thank you all for your input :)

6. tracerbullet

tracerbullet Golden Member

That would have been my suggestion, a do-over. I hate when stupid crap happens during an install but at least there's not much work invested yet. When I start getting further along, I start making sure there's restore points, so I can go undo driver or program changes if needed. After installation and updating of Windows, plus a few tweaks while waiting for that, one of the first programs I load is Acronis, so I can start making real backups, just in case.

Sounds like it's all working, which is good, but for what it's worth - keep an eye on restore points and considering backing up the entire thing once everything's done, and maybe a few times in between too.