• Guest, The rules for the P & N subforum have been updated to prohibit "ad hominem" or personal attacks against other posters. See the full details in the post "Politics and News Rules & Guidelines."
  • Community Question: What makes a good motherboard?

need help with identifying HDMI cable please

Rocketman122

Jul 22, 2013
new TV only has one HDMI input. so we connect the cable box. we also have a streamer. im not proficient with this. are there different versions of HDMI or is this a basic HDMI cable?

need a splitter and many ebay sellers sell them for cheap. one store wanted to sell us one for $60. I asked if it was gold plated. seems unreasonably high

these are the pics of the cable box and the streamer. the tv is the female.
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=t02kac&s=8

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mini-3-Port-1080P-HD-Video-HDMI-Switch-Switcher-Splitter-For-PS3-Xbox-360-HD-DVD-/200963475319?pt=US_Video_Cables_Adapters&var=&hash=item2eca5b4777

hows this one?
I think the none square one is what I need, correct?

Last edited:

DesiPower

Lifer
Nov 22, 2008
Does your TV and cable box have component? Component is good enough for digital cable box... That will leave your HDMI free for the other thing...

BonzaiDuck

Lifer
Jun 30, 2004
I'm still rather sketchy about HT options, but I thought it was possible to chain devices serially to a single output. I recall -- or think I recall -- that you could run, say, a PC or component (BD player?) to a cable box, cable box to TV. When the cable box is turned off, it should provide some sort of pass-through.

I could be wrong.

I'm just really happy that the LG HDTV I purchased some two or three years ago has four HDMI inputs. And I'm happy for the pass-through feature on my AVR.

I'm SO happy . . .

Automaticman

Sep 3, 2009
I'm still rather sketchy about HT options, but I thought it was possible to chain devices serially to a single output. I recall -- or think I recall -- that you could run, say, a PC or component (BD player?) to a cable box, cable box to TV. When the cable box is turned off, it should provide some sort of pass-through.

I could be wrong.

I'm just really happy that the LG HDTV I purchased some two or three years ago has four HDMI inputs. And I'm happy for the pass-through feature on my AVR.

I'm SO happy . . .

Generally no, you can't daisy chain boxes together. There are a few exceptions, like the XBox One and obviously AV Receivers with HDMI, but for the most part things just do not have an HDMI input.

ASK THE COMMUNITY