Need help with Ideas for a paper

geek167

Aug 14, 2001
I have to write a paper about a famous person and why that person is famous, but I can't think of anyone to write about. Any Ideas?

Just remember if you needed help with a paper you'd want some1 to help u.

Nitemare

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001
Me?

How about Napolean, Chalemagne, Socrates, Anna Kournikova, or Margaret Thatcher?

woodly6

Diamond Member
May 25, 2001
How bout not any single person but a group of people, like lets say nsync. Are the famous due to marketting or talent, we all know its the first one! That would be pretty easy and its current!

Texmaster

Banned
Jun 5, 2001
Do somebody completely original like Admiral Yomamoto, the commander of the Japanese fleet that tried to invade Midway during World War II. A very interesting man.

Or do General MacArthur if you perfer the other side.

Azraele

Elite Member
Nov 5, 2000
Try narrowing the field down a bit first. Pick a genre like hollywood, politics, sports, music, etc. Once you pick that, then make a list of names from that field. Narrow it down to the ones that interest you and choose from there.

Good luck. :)

Looney

Lifer
Jun 13, 2000
I had that same assignment back in high school English... i did it on Stephen Hawking.

pcmodem

Golden Member
Feb 6, 2001
Yo,
Think of a few famous people that you admire or find interesting, then pick the one to write about that is the one that has the most available resources for you to reference. This way you're more likely to enjoy doing the research and enjoy writing the paper, as well as more likely to do a thorough job.
-PCM

vash

Platinum Member
Feb 13, 2001
Why not write about people that almost no one knows about?

How about the guy who invented the transistor? Without that invention, we wouldn't have a majority of the electronics we have today.

What about the actress who helped invent sonar (I believe that was the case). Without that, we would have had a tough time winning the Atlantic in WWII.

These kinds of stories would be, at least, more interesting to write about since these people aren't very well known.

vash