Hi all,

My system configuration is as below:-

Intel i5 4670

GIGABYTE B85MD3H Mother board

8 gb DDR3 Transcend RAM

XFX HD 7770 1GB DDR 5

1 TB HARD DISK

IBALL Marathon 500 watts

I am planning to upgrade my GPU to R9 280 and buying r9 280 is good choice for future proof gaming to say atleast for another 3 years in high to ultra settings .......and can my current PSU handle that card or else please suggest me good PSU around 4000 indian rupees ......and i don't overclock or else don't do crossfire

if r9 280 is good choice...........which variant will be good( MSI or Sapphire or any other?)

i mainly play games at 720p resolution because my current monitor only supports up to 1366 X 768.and am planning to upgrade monitor in next year
please advise..........

kasakka

Mar 16, 2013
You probably should get a better PSU. The fact that it seems to be 500W peak output means that it's most likely much lower constant output. Never heard of the brand before so it sounds even more suspicious.

The R9-280 might handle 1080p at high (but most likely not ultra) settings for the next few years. If you're not in a hurry, I'd probably wait until AMD or Nvidia come out with new midrange models and see how those perform and what they do to the prices of older cards, might be able to get something a bit higher end for about the same money.