Need help with config settings for BOINC apps

faxon

Platinum Member
May 23, 2008
So I've got all this CPU power i wanted to devote specifically to seti@home, and it used to not be an issue running seti as my CPU app and milkyway@home as my GPU app because SETI didn't have a gpu client. now however, there's no flag for me to simply say "seti, use my 2600k's 8 cpu logical cores but not my GPU, and milkyway use the GPU and as much CPU as you need for those processes". Is there a flag i can flip somewhere which will allow me to do this? I was contemplating tossing one of these bargain bin 8 cores in my AM3+ board because the x3 720BE in it is showing its age really bad in games and I'm about to shit graphics cards all over the box because It's an 890FXA-GD70 lol

petrusbroder

Elite Member
Nov 28, 2004
Yes, you can do it in your Seti@Home account:
Click on Seti@Home preferences.
Click Seti@Home preferences
Select "Use CPU"
De-select "Use ATI GPU" and "Use NVIDIA GPU"
Click update preferences.

The go to your BOINC-client, select the seti@home project, click "update" and no new GPU-WUs will be downloaded ... the old ones either "Abort" och finish ..

http://setiathome.berkeley.edu/prefs.php?subset=project

faxon

Platinum Member
May 23, 2008
awesome. ill run it and let them finish and then after the update it will just not issue me new ones. hate deleting them. this will also be excellent in the coming days because once i get my rigs compute situations set up soon i could run compute on NV GPUs in free slots in primarily ATI systems while gaming so i can keep a few WUs going through on the nv cards i have in the background

Last edited: