need help with adaptec easy cd creator?

yokomo

Golden Member
Oct 18, 2000
I just installed a burner and have lots of napster files I want to use and I have installed easy cd creator and when I try to put a file in the directory to make a copy it says I have the wrong extention it needs to me (wav) file not mp3 did I buy some thing wrong or is it just setup wrong ?

Tsaico

Platinum Member
Oct 21, 2000
Wrong setup, you need to make sure that you are making a data cd, not audio...

BarnyardMonkey

Platinum Member
Feb 28, 2000
Well actually it depends on what type of burn your doing.

if your just copying your Mp3s on to Cd to just save them,then you would choose DATA cd

And if you was copying MP3's on cd to be played on a Cd player other then your computer, (home cd player,car cd player,etc etc)Then you would need to choose AUDIO cd.

i use EZ cd creator all the time to make audio Cd's and they work for me every time. :)

Good Luck.

Shawn.

yokomo

Golden Member
Oct 18, 2000
I want to make a audio cd that I can play in my car and it keeps telling me it has to be a wav file NTO an MP3 what the h@ll is wrong I have version 3.5 oa east cd creator?:disgust:

BarnyardMonkey

Platinum Member
Feb 28, 2000
I'm not for sure how 3.5 works.
i use 4.0 Deluxe and it works fine.

does 3.5 have the Audio slection tab when starting up?

Kingofcomputer

Diamond Member
Apr 6, 2000
may be 3.5 doesn't support burn audio cd directly from mp3.
you could convert the mp3 to wav first manually using any mp3 to wav converter, winamp has a built-in one.

kingink

Apr 24, 2000
as king said, decode the mp3 to .wav file and then create an audio cd. usually burning at the slowest speed guarantees the highest compatability between components. My cd walkman won't recognize audio cd's burned above 8x.
it is way old.
kingink

yokomo

Golden Member
Oct 18, 2000
could you suggset a good (easy) program for converting MP3 to WAV's and then will I have 2 copies of each song on my hard drive? thanks guys....

Tsaico

Platinum Member
Oct 21, 2000
I use the built in support for winamp. Press, control+P and you will see a menu, one choise is PLugins. there is a subcategory called output. If you click one on that it will give you four options. The third is the diskwriter utility. WHen you double click this, you are given a choice of directories. Select a premade folder and then when you hit play, it will expand them out into standard audio. Toss them into Easy creator and you should be set... (You need to have a special player if you want to play mp3 files) MP3 isn't simply compressed audio, so that is why much of the time it must be treated like data.
Oh yeah, be sure you put everything back in WinAmp to play regular lwhen you are done. and yes, it will have two copies of your song, But if you want, you can toss the premade fold out and your are done with it....
(I leave mine there in my folders named things like "Car ride home", since I have nothing better to do with my gigs of emtpt space...)