Need help with a (probably) easy HTML question...

Pretender

Banned
Mar 14, 2000
I don't know how to explain it easily in words, so look at page 1 and page 2. Is there any way to make it so that as the test in the main box (the one on the right) gets larger or smaller, table cells a-d stay the same size, and only have the bottom cell (on the left) change?

Prodigy^

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
Hm pardon my lazyness, but how about making a seperate table instead of a, b, c, d, and then putting 4 tables inside that table containing a, b, c, d....if you know what I mean :)

oh, and frames are suck :(

ArkAoss

Banned
Aug 31, 2000
so your sayin, when you add more "main text" it strecthes the size of the answer cells? which proggy are you using?

ArkAoss

Banned
Aug 31, 2000
im checkin it out in dreamweaver... doesn't show in dreamweaver, stretchin the tables

ArkAoss

Banned
Aug 31, 2000
ok rowspan links the large window to the side of the smaller ones, is there another way to do that? because it seems to be linking it enought to stretch them

konichiwa

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
So lemme get this straight. You want to be able to make the main text go far down the page and only have table "bottom" expand downwards with it, and make frames a,b,c and d stay at one constant height? Is that right? :Q

Pretender

Banned
Mar 14, 2000
Correct you are, Konichiwa. Any ideas on how to do this (without having to resort to frames, if possible)?

loup garou

Lifer
Feb 17, 2000
formula: I thought that might do it too, but I just tried it and it didn't :( I've been fooling around with this for a couple of minutes, and nothing jumps to my attention as a solution. I know there has to be a way to do this...Pretender, I'll keep fooling around with it until I have to go to class @5:30

Pretender

Banned
Mar 14, 2000
The problem is, you cant use %'s or * for size in tables like you can in frames. I know there has to be some way to do it, because on www.anandtech.com, it's basically a bunch of tables doing that, and somehow the stuff on the sides doesn't stretch based on the size of the contents in the middle of the page.

Pretender

Banned
Mar 14, 2000
Woohoo, you guys rock. The idead of putting a table in a table worked after I did it the right way. Thanks for the suggestions :)