Need help with a bug: Empire Total War

Kristijonas

Jun 11, 2011
Hello, I was playing Empire Total war for some time and encountered a nasty bug. Sometimes when a nation offers something through the diplomacy screen, the diplomacy screen UI won't have any buttons. I tried pressing anywhere on the screen and keyboard buttons, but nothing worked. The game is not frozen though. It's unrelated to mods - happened to me both in the vanilla and modded versions. Patch is the latest. I tried all the user interface and graphic options in-game and nvidia panel options off-game. I tried deleting C:\Users\admin\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Empire\ui_cache folder. Tried running with compatibility modes. Nothing ever worked. So I'm asking if anyone has suggestions here. Please no childish suggestions. I've searched all over the internet - couldn't find a solution. Here's a link to Total War forum, with same issue:
http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=301107

Kristijonas

Jun 11, 2011
Drivers are the latest and GTX 560Ti is a 2011 card, so I don't think rerolling drivers would change anything. Also the buttons on diplomacy screen aren't just invisible - it wouldn't be a problem in that case. They just aren't there.

Game was reinstalled a few times - nothing changed. I installed one of the largest (if not the largest) mod for this game and the problem is still there.

Kristijonas

Jun 11, 2011
It seems I have solved this! I had 1.6 version installed, and I rolled back to 1.5, by installing it on top of 1.6. It worked fine, with mod too, and now in the same situation where I was always stuck with no buttons to press - they appeared! I then installed 1.6 again, and tried again and it still works nicely. I've no idea how - I tried reinstalling the whole game, but now it works. If anyone has a trouble with this in the future and will be looking for an answer, there are the solutions people say work for them:

a) reinstalling/rolling back patches/updates.
b) deleting C:Users\admin\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Empire\ui_cache folder.