Need help - Weird charging issue with Nexus 6P

Capt Caveman

Lifer
Jan 30, 2005
Just traveled to Chicago where I really need my phone but for some reason my phone has stopped charging from a battery pack. I've tried three different battery packs with no luck.

But the phone will charge from a wall charger using the same cables I've tried with the battery packs.

Any ideas why this is occurring? I may go and try to buy compresses air and qtips and alcohol to clean out the usb-c port. But due to it charging from the wall charger makes me think it won't make a difference.

Could really use some help. Thanks!

Capt Caveman

Lifer
Jan 30, 2005
Think I figured out my issue. Well, later in the day when the phone got to about 20% it started charging after I plugged in an external battery pack.

Got back to the hotel and figured out that somehow one of the external battery packs that I had charged to full prior to leaving was completely drained. So, I'm wondering if there was some kind of short circuit between it and my phone. And then my phone wouldn't take any charge from a battery pack for a period of time or til it reached a certain power threshold.

I'll see how the phone reacts when the I plug back in the the questionable battery pack when it's fully charged.

TheStu

Moderator<br>Mobile Devices & Gadgets
Sep 15, 2004
I was going to ask if you had done an update on the Nexus, maybe that caused it to start being more specific about the volts and amps it was receiving from the power source, and the battery packs weren't to spec.

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
I was going to say - check the battery packs. The cable was a known entity, the phone was known to take a charge so that leaves the battery packs as the most possible culprit.

And why do you have three battery packs on you for one trip? Just curious. I own 4 battery packs and keep one in each of my three most often used shoulder bags. This way I don't have to switch back and forth and inevitably forget a battery pack when I need it most. The 4th one I have is because I thought I lost one so I bought another replacement :) But I only have one pack with me at any given time.