Need help shipping box

RESmonkey

Diamond Member
May 6, 2007
I'm supposed to ship a razer mouse to rma it. I threw it in the box with a letter, and they told me to write the address + rma number on the box.

Do I just grab a permanent marker and write it on, or do I need some sort of water-resistant paper/sticker that everyone uses and use that?

Alistar7

Lifer
May 13, 2002
Marker is fine if you don't have a label handy. You can also print out a shipping label and tape onto box.

How are you planning on shipping? I normally use USPS Priority and the labels are provided at the PO.

BlackTigers

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2006
I tend to print it out on a sheet of plain paper, and use packing tape to secure it onto the box.

RESmonkey

Diamond Member
May 6, 2007
What's the cheapest? I'm shipping the mouse from IL to NY. You think if I go to the post office, tell them how I want to ship it, they'll give me a label then and there to write on?

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
I take packages to the local drug store that has a UPS/FedEx/USPS center. I do pay a bit more than if I went to the appropriate business, but the convenience is worth the small extra cost to me. They print my labels on the appropriate shipping label form, (Fed Ex, UPS, etc., and the receipt has the tracking numbers printed on it.

Alistar7

Lifer
May 13, 2002
Originally posted by: RESmonkey
What's the cheapest? I'm shipping the mouse from IL to NY. You think if I go to the post office, tell them how I want to ship it, they'll give me a label then and there to write on?

Cheapest would be hand delivery, walk that SOB right to their door.

USPS media mail would be the cheapest, but for gawds sake at least sent it 1st class. The labels are in the lobby, some have been known to take a "priority label" and remove the "priority" part to use on a 1st class package.

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
Originally posted by: FoBoT
Originally posted by: OdiN
You've got to be kidding me....

i always put the label on the inside, for security reasons
otherwise, your identity is likely to be stolen

LOL...I almost told him to put the label on the OUTSIDE of the box, but in reality, you SHOLD also put one on the inside in case it gets torn off while they're playing "Kick the box" at the mailing facility.