Need help setting up local video player on M8s Android box

GunsMadeAmericaFree

Golden Member
Jan 23, 2007
Our Roku recently died completely, so I'm finally getting around to setting up the M8s Android set top box that I had bought about 7 months ago to play around with. Previously, I had been using a Roku and one of these:
10pcs-New-720P-TV-HD-USB-SD-MMC-font-b-Media-b-font-Player-HD-Player.jpg

The Roku was great for playing streaming videos, but only so-so for playing local ones. The 'el cheapo' video player was fine at playing local content, playing just about anything I tried to play with it, except for the newer mkv videos. The trouble with that was that the remote was very, very tiny, and had to be pointed EXACTLY at the receiver. I mean within about 4 degrees, which was annoying.

Anyway, I thought I could use the M8s to replace both of them, but the M8s built in video player doesn't show whether you have already watched a video or not, and I've decided I don't like kodi much. My LG Volt LS740 has a built in video player called "videos", which I love. It shows at a glance if a video has been watched or not, with the dot changing to a blue color if it has been watched. If you are 1/4 of the way through, you can see that with 1/4 of the dot. I love it. The trouble is, I can't seem to find any information about the publisher, or where I can download it for other Android devices. I'm guessing it might be something from the manufacturer, LG.

Can anyone offer me insight into how to find this app and xfer it over to the M8s set top box, or else direct me to a similar video viewing Android app that allows users to instantly see whether a video has already been watched or not? (and how far along, if it has been) It would also be a big plus if it would allow for deleting watched files. Once I get past this issue, I'll move on to installing a few games on the system.

Thanks for any suggestions!

GunsMadeAmericaFree

Golden Member
Jan 23, 2007
Thanks - I was able to get the apk file exported and then installed on the M8s, but then when I tried to launch the video program, the screen flickered, then nothing. Unfortunately, it must not be compatible.