Need Help OC ASRock B360 Gaming K4 + i7-8700k (delid)

mdexter

May 29, 2018
Hi all,

Posting here regarding my brand new build, the build was being able to OC the rig for better performnace overall. I have not built a PC for three years so all good bar one thing. The build parts relevant are:

- i7-8700k (delidded)
- ASRock B360 Gaming K4
- G.Skill Ripjaws V
- Corsair H100i V2

All of the previous machines in the past I have always OC'ed, the Bios on the K4 is a little different and the values you change are set to auto, there are no prompts for what values I need to put in.

Is someone able to screenshot or provide basic values I should look to change to Clock the CPU to 5GHZ. The CPU can easily handle 5GHZ and coupled with the cooling and the delidded the temps will not be an issue, I just need to keep under around 1.36v VCORE.

Could anyone provide the Bios Pages/Changes or text to those things I would need to change to work my way towards 5GHZ.

**I apoligize in advance but I cannot find anything on the internet for this Board at all, let alone this board and chip, yep there is plenty on the chip but not even other boards that are similar for me to give this a go.

**MANY THANKS IN ADVANCE**

IEC

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Jun 10, 2004
B360 boards are locked (i.e. no overclocking). Intel only allows overclocking for Coffee Lake CPUs on the Z370 chipset.

daveybrat

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Jan 31, 2000
B360 boards are locked (i.e. no overclocking). Intel only allows overclocking for Coffee Lake CPUs on the Z370 chipset.

Like IEC said, you should have bought a Z370 chipset motherboard. That B360 board you bought does not support overclocking. That's why it's cheaper than a Z370 board.