Need help Modifying V10

Jeaze

Mar 21, 2009
I just got a new build going and the Coolermaster V10 caught my attention and decided to purchase it. I originally was going WC but I was looking at spending a minimal amount of $275 for all the necessary hardware. So I decided to go with the V10 since it seemed to be near the same line as a bottom line WC system and it was cheaper (ie. it claims to dissipate 200Ws of heat). I decided to also get IC Diamond dust for the CPU since it also came recommended and gave it a try.

So I slap everything together and after loading Vista 64 Ultimate I downloaded both Core Temp and True temp. Core Temp is reporting 41C at idle in core 0 which is the hottest running of the 4 and True Temp is reporting 38C. All this time both fans on the V10 are at full blast. If I load up Prime 95 and stress all 4 cores and 4 threads to equal 8 threads in all the temperature will raise to 80C!? This is a bit too hot for my liking even though my OC is stable at that temperature to my disbelief.

I have taken out the heatsink 3 times already and the spread of the IC was even. I even tried Arctic Silvers Ceramic paste and the temps remained the same. From what I understand the Peltier is supposed to kick in at a room temperature of 25C which is roughly 77F. Im afraid that by the time the room gets to that temperature the cpu might be redlining in temperature and the peltier might loose most of it effectiveness.

What I am looking for is to find a safe way to jerry-rig the controller on the V10 as to disable the temp lead and leave the peltier working ALL the time. I don't care about voiding the warranty since this will definitely do so. The way I see it if the peltier kicks in early it wont let or at least retard the rise in temperature to tolerable levels. I can always RMA the unit but I want to avoid that hassle as much as possible.

If anybody can help me out with this I would appreciate it quite a lot. Thank You.