Question Need help | Issues in Game play recording with OBS

FranklinJaz

Jan 13, 2020
Hello Guys,
I Need Help for OBS recording Software.
I create videos of GTA 5 and other Game Play.

OBS is Legggging , cuts in recoding, also not getting best HD quality.

Also it'sslower my Game play sometimes while recoding.

My pc configuration :-
>Ryzen 7 2700 8 core
>B450 AORUS PRO WIFI
>16gb 3000hz ddr4 (2x8) Corsair Vengeance LPX
>msi geforce 1660 Gaming x 6gb
>240gb ssd team group
> 4tb wd purple (where gta 5 is installed)
> Display : Acer P166HQL 15" inch (1366x768)
> using HDMI to VGA converter.
Please guid me through it and what's best settings i can do in OBS?

Thanks in Advance 😊

Last edited:

daveybrat

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Jan 31, 2000
Here's a few tips:

1) Are you on the latest bios? Currently it's version F50 for your board.

2) Do you have the latest AMD chipset drivers installed?

Umm, why are you using an old 15" 720P monitor with a rig like that?? :rolleyes:

Reactions: FranklinJaz

FranklinJaz

Jan 13, 2020
Here's a few tips:

Umm, why are you using an old 15" 720P monitor with a rig like that?? :rolleyes:

1) i don't which bios ver right now.
How can i check it? And how can i update it? Is there risk for data loss on updating bios? (Never updated since bought so must be old version)

2) don't know too amd chipset driver, how to update it? Can i check it with driver pack solutions?

I bought PC last year in march, i was in very tight budget so couldn't buy monitor.

This is my old monitor when i bought my potato pc.😅

But im planning to buy this year but prices here going up and down like crazy so i want to wait for 2 or 3 months till that i can save some bucks for it.

Also before buying monitor i will post in monitor thread.

Last edited:

TheELF

Diamond Member
Dec 22, 2012
OBS is Legggging , cuts in recoding, also not getting best HD quality.

Also it'sslower my Game play sometimes while recoding.
Unless you have the very best cooling using your CPU for the recording will cause the CPU to run at pretty low clocks possibly as low as base clocks of 3.2Ghz depending on the cooling you have,so yeah that will make your game run slower and having all cores run at full load will cause laggines and cut outs.

The best thing you can do is to use nvenc from your 1660 so that your CPU does not get affected.

FranklinJaz

Jan 13, 2020
Unless you have the very best cooling using your CPU for the recording will cause the CPU to run at pretty low clocks possibly as low as base clocks of 3.2Ghz depending on the cooling you have,so yeah that will make your game run slower and having all cores run at full load will cause laggines and cut outs.

The best thing you can do is to use nvenc from your 1660 so that your CPU does not get affected.
Hi, I'm using amd stock cooler that come with CPU.
Also in obs settings advance panel in recording , there is two NVENC h264 and NVENC h264(new).
And recording in mkv Formate.should i change recording formate?

Also I'm using hdmi to vga cable, does this making problem?

For Cooling , does cooler master ml120 liquid enough?

https://www.amazon.in/gp/aw/d/B075X...&tag=googleshopmob-21&ptag=m2cab_pdown-in-21#

Last edited:

FranklinJaz

Jan 13, 2020
Here's a few tips:

I see current bios version is F4 1/8/2019 05.0000D.

I updated chipset drivers from amd website.
Is there anyway to see it's updated ?

TheELF

Diamond Member
Dec 22, 2012
Hi, I'm using amd stock cooler that come with CPU.
Also in obs settings advance panel in recording , there is two NVENC h264 and NVENC h264(new).
And recording in mkv Formate.should i change recording formate?

Also I'm using hdmi to vga cable, does this making problem?

For Cooling , does cooler master ml120 liquid enough?
Just try both and look which one is better for you.
mkv is fine,mp4 is fine, there is no difference unless you have a device that only opens one and not the other.

The cable should not affect anything.

Look at your clocks first, when the CPU is under heavy load if the clocks are ok you don't need any better cooling,you only need it if clocks drop too much when doing heavy stuff.

FranklinJaz

Jan 13, 2020
Just try both and look which one is better for you.
mkv is fine,mp4 is fine, there is no difference unless you have a device that only opens one and not the other.

The cable should not affect anything.

Look at your clocks first, when the CPU is under heavy load if the clocks are ok you don't need any better cooling,you only need it if clocks drop too much when doing heavy stuff.
My ryzen 7 2700's base clock is 3.20ghz, so when my cpu is on heavy load and clocks go down than 3.20ghz or something then i need good cooler right?

TheELF

Diamond Member
Dec 22, 2012
My ryzen 7 2700's base clock is 3.20ghz, so when my cpu is on heavy load and clocks go down than 3.20ghz or something then i need good cooler right?
Yes,at least that's what the advertisement says,wait for more people to respond that have actual numbers,if the difference with good cooling isn't all that much it might not be worth it so wait for someone who knows for sure how much you would gain.

FranklinJaz

Jan 13, 2020
Yes,at least that's what the advertisement says,wait for more people to respond that have actual numbers,if the difference with good cooling isn't all that much it might not be worth it so wait for someone who knows for sure how much you would gain.
Thanks for guiding me!
I updated Bios version from gigabyte app center updated cheapest drivers, and i sew difference before and after, booting time and opening files and programmes improved.
Of course i will wait for someone to guide for cpu cooling things.
Thank you very much @TheELF & @daveybrat for helping so much :)

From both of you i realised unknown things and learnt to uodate bios too. :)