need help in choosing the right one

udayi

Aug 6, 2013
Hi Guys,

I am planning to upgrade my GPU and i am thinking of gtx 970 but am not sure as amd has launched new products like r9 290...and will my motherboard support gtx 970?.and in 970 there are many models and can you please suggest me one good model and my budget is 30,000(indian rupees)

My current rig:

I5 4670

Gi8gabyte B85MD3H Mother board

8 gb ddr3 ram

xfx hd 7770 1 gb ddr5(current gpu)

Kindly let me know

sam_816

Aug 9, 2014
Mate, do u expect ppl to find indian prices for these gpus and give a suggestion? And quoting your budget in inr is not helping either. Either provide more (enough) info or check out erodov or techenclave forums..

crisium

Platinum Member
Aug 19, 2001
Also we need your PSU information. The 7770 consumes very little power, so we need to know if you can handle stronger GPUs.

udayi

Aug 6, 2013
HI Sam,

Thanks for the reply and i dont expect ppl to search for indian proces.anyways i apologise if i have done the wrong thing...i just want to know which brand of 970 will be good like MSi or ASUS.......and suggest me entry level PSU which is affordable and at the same time which will be good for 970.

Elixer

Lifer
May 7, 2002
Yeah, the 970 should be OK with that motherboard.
Corsair VS series is... well, their value series, never heard of who makes your old PSU.
550W is barely enough for the 970 (they require 500W), so, would be better if you can get a 600W in case you have other stuff on your machine.

sam_816

Aug 9, 2014
HI Sam,

Thanks for the reply and i dont expect ppl to search for indian proces.anyways i apologise if i have done the wrong thing...i just want to know which brand of 970 will be good like MSi or ASUS.......and suggest me entry level PSU which is affordable and at the same time which will be good for 970.

U r welcome.
Its not about right or wrong. Its about getting good and fast advice. More info you give easier it is for other members to respond with a good advice.

Your iball power supply won't cut it my friend. And you might need to stretch your budget a little and add(if not already there) an UPS of good brand. Many states of India have fluctuating and dirty main power supply. Prices of Asus and evga are really high in india zotac is easily available tho.(as far as I can remember)

But ZOTAC 970 /980 were not that good for overclocking so keep that in mind. And last thing just in case, avoid etailers like snapdeal and flipkart. Buy from stores that can help you in RMA process(just in case)