Need help getting sound through all my speakers

alanwest09872

Golden Member
Aug 12, 2007
Ok guys Ive got a weird one here.

I have the Logitech z506 speaker set for my computer.
I have 3 cords running from my Sub woofer to my computer. They are all color coded for easy plug in. They are all plugged into the correct colors on each device. (pc and woofer)

Now if I go to (Control panel ----> Sound) I click on (Speakers Realtek High Definition audio) and set it as default. I then go configure speakers. I set it to 5.1 sound. So after all this I go to test them and I am getting no sound out of the back speakers. (I am using the test feature right after you configure the speakers.)

Now heres the weird thing. If I go in and change it to 7.1 sound instead of 5.1 I will get sound but they are marked as rear behind you speakers not rear side of you speakers.

richaron

Golden Member
Mar 27, 2012
I have 3 cords running from my Sub woofer to my computer. They are all color coded for easy plug in. They are all plugged into the correct colors on each device. (pc and woofer)

They may be plugged in to the correct colored plugs, but are they the correct plugs?

alanwest09872

Golden Member
Aug 12, 2007
I believe so. It was working fine till I plugged in my New mouse I got then it went right back to not working

Hugh Jass

Golden Member
Nov 17, 2011
They may be plugged in to the correct colored plugs, but are they the correct plugs?

This.

Just because they are matched by color doesn't mean they are plugged in properly as the fact is a lot of times unless the sound card and speakers are made for each other (for example, Creative speakers and a Creative sound card) the colors may not actually tell you the right way to plug things up.

Check how the ports on the sound card/onboard sound are labeled and make sure you have them plugged in accordingly.