Need help from gamers+researchers

Paul Ma

Oct 9, 1999
I am wondering if anyones what computer games and console game sales units were from 1975-1996
I'm not even sure games existed back then.
Correspondingly, I would like to know the revenue figures for computer games and console games from the same period, excluding equipment costs (console itself).
If anyone can point me in a direction, that would be very helpful as well!

Thanks
Paul

Jan 31, 2002
What, there were no games in 1996?
rolleye.gif

Google is your friend.

- M4H

PatboyX

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2001
google does seem like a good start...but it might be too limiting. after that i would try and find universities, organizations and companies that have either 1) been around and in the industry since then, ask them for help. most larger groups have some kind of archivist and ive found even if they dont, people are more often than not interested in helping push you in the proper direction as far as research is concerned. or 2) groups that currently have people focusing on the historical role of computers, etc in our society.

wish i could give you specifics...but...i just got off work and am feeling super-lazy.

PatboyX

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2001
of course, i just realized i dont know what kind of project you're working on. and...you know, for maybe a 5 page paper you might just need google and some abandonware sites...on the other hand you could be drawing up a guggenheim proposal.