Need help finding MMORPG

Kalessian

Aug 18, 2004
I've been posting all over trying to find the name of this game that I played during highschool study halls for a year. I completely forgot the name.

Anyway, it was from 2004/2005 I think and I'm pretty sure it was an open beta. It was korean based, or at least asian based, with one of those poorly done english websites that lots of korean free mmorpgs have.

It was almost a straight diablo 2 knockoff. It was a 2d world with maybe 3d characters, I dunno, but almost positive it was isometric. The graphics were kind of bad even in 2005.

It wasn't like samurai based with samurai swords and armor. It had a few classes that I can remember, straight warrior, huge barbarians, and maybe a rogue with bows. Some sweet weapons like warhammers, swords.

I think the biggest thing that will tip people off is the towns. The towns were no-fight zones. Each world had one town that was the center of that world, with north/south/east/west exits that led immediately to fighting. In the towns there were blacksmiths and potion sellers, etc. You'll notice this is very similar to diablo2.

Just like diablo2, to get from one world to the next you had to teleport, you couldn't just walk from the 1st world to the 2nd. As far as I could tell, just getting high enough level was enough to unlock the next world and transport there.

I only even made it to the 2nd world/land. The 1st was a grassland with a few trees, very green with low level creatures. There were drawbridges(that were always lowered) to exit the town to go into the wilderness area where the monsters were. I think the monsters were mostly small pigs with spears.

The 2nd world was in the desert. Lots of sand and cacti. The monsters were skeletons with swords and I think vultures, at least nearby the town. I remember there being a bug where if you were inside the town and kept clicking outsite the wall your character would get bumped up over the town wall and outside in the baddie-zone, but you couldn't bug yourself back in and had to fight your way back to an exit/entrance. People would gather in the west side of town in an open area to trade, and sellers could just put up a speech bubble over their heads with info on their wares and prices and would just AFK all day.

One other thing I can remember were rare baddie spawns. Like diablo, sometimes you would get these guys that looked like other baddies but were very tough and surrounded by regulars of its type.

I think in order to PVP both players had to click the parallel swords button, then the swords would cross. Press the button again and the swords would go parallel again and PVP was deactivated.

I know this is a long post so thanks if you read this much already. This forgotten game has been driving me nuts for weeks!

Kalessian

Aug 18, 2004
I searched all over the web for it and even went into anandtech's archive for 2004/2005 and couldn't find it in all the free mmorpg threads... .help!

Kalessian

Aug 18, 2004
Thanks for the replies.

I guess I forgot to say that it's not anime based. So not RO.

Ganeedi

Jul 7, 2008
Did you have special abilities to click while fighting? How did the fighting work?

Was it keyboard only or keyboard & mouse?