Question Need help finding good budget desktop mic that picks up voice clearly from distance

Coyle

May 15, 2020
Current one has to be spoken directly at it--and pretty close up as well. Looking for one that will pick up voice clearly while on desk and at different directions. Budget <$25; is for child so durability a must and good with picking higher (treble?) as child's voice is higher end.

Coyle

May 15, 2020
Have you thought about a "gaming headset" with a "boom mic"?

Otherwise, you're really asking for a lot.
I considered that when looking for the headphones but wasn't using voice chat then, and even now most of the time still isn't so the boom mic would just be in the way, I figured. I have a 3yr warranty on the headphones. What I'm wondering is in this budget range is there any advantage using a usb mic over 3.5mm (pc is XPS Studio with Tru Sound.) Does one put out more power than the other typically?

Coyle

May 15, 2020
Maybe this $15 conference mic ?

If you really mean "distance", you will need pocket wireless mic that clips to the body/clothes.
I should've specified, by distance I just meant while sitting back in computer chair, not having to lean forward to be heard, and by different directions, side to side not have to be directly in front of mic. The current one looks omnidirectional but really the mic is just at the end. Had a 10ft cord with 3.5mm jack and was cheap.