NEED HELP FAST

BowlingNut

Aug 18, 2002
my computer will not turn on
i plugged in a new set of speakers, hit the switch on my comp....fans spun up, HD's turned on, optical drives spun up......no video signal, optical mouse did not turn on, no keyboard lights....
turned it off, tried it again....same thing.
check the DLEDs...says its a vga problem, reset the vid card....try again.....same thing.
try using a new video card, plug it in....and then....nothing, no power any where, no fans, no optical dirveds, no HDs..nothing. tried plugging directly into the wall...nothing, tried it a couple more times...nothing. will not turn on at all. any suggestions?

link to system specs in profile

mechBgon

Super Moderator<br>Elite Member
Oct 31, 1999
Have you tried resetting the CMOS yet?

Next thing I would try is pulling the motherboard out of the case and running it with one stick of RAM, one video card, no drives. If it won't run, try the other video card and stick of RAM. Also, make really sure the video card is getting ALLLL the way down into the slot... there are two layers of contacts in there, so make sure it's not just halfway in. Hope that helps.

dannybin1742

Platinum Member
Jan 16, 2002
get a bigger psu

i had these same problems with my k7s5a and i got a new psu and it solved everything- 400W is what it took