Need help completing a movie quote...

MartyMcFly3

Lifer
Jan 18, 2003
11,436
29
91
www.youtube.com
Alright guys. Ive tried www.imdb.com, ive tried searching for the script online, and if i had the DVD with me id just use that but since i dont, i cant get the rest of this speech. I need it whenever.

Its from The Untouchables and Robert DeNiro says it. It takes place at the huge banquet/dinner scene where DeNiro whacks a guy with a baseball bat.

The first half is:
"Life goes on. A man becomes preeminent, he is expected to have enthusiasms. Enthusiasms. Enthusiasms. What are mine? What draws my admiration? What is that which gives me joy? Baseball."
He then later talks about being a part of a team and individual achievement, but I cant find it anywhere. Can anyone complete the rest of the speech he gives?

Thanks.
 

Feldenak

Lifer
Jan 31, 2003
14,093
1
0
Originally posted by: MartyMcFly3
Alright guys. Ive tried www.imdb.com, ive tried searching for the script online, and if i had the DVD with me id just use that but since i dont, i cant get the rest of this speech. I need it whenever.

Its from The Untouchables and Robert DeNiro says it. It takes place at the huge banquet/dinner scene where DeNiro whacks a guy with a baseball bat.

The first half is:
"Life goes on. A man becomes preeminent, he is expected to have enthusiasms. Enthusiasms. Enthusiasms. What are mine? What draws my admiration? What is that which gives me joy? Baseball."
He then later talks about being a part of a team and individual achievement, but I cant find it anywhere. Can anyone complete the rest of the speech he gives?

Thanks.
Then he brains that guy with the baseball bat. :)

I love that scene.
 

Feldenak

Lifer
Jan 31, 2003
14,093
1
0
Originally posted by: MartyMcFly3
Originally posted by: Feldenak

Then he brains that guy with the baseball bat. :)

I love that scene.
LOL i do too... Do you know the rest after he says "baseball"?
Naw, I don't remember. I'd go throw in the DVD for you but my fiancee is watching TV.
 

MartyMcFly3

Lifer
Jan 18, 2003
11,436
29
91
www.youtube.com
Originally posted by: Feldenak
Originally posted by: MartyMcFly3
Originally posted by: Feldenak

Then he brains that guy with the baseball bat. :)

I love that scene.
LOL i do too... Do you know the rest after he says "baseball"?
Naw, I don't remember. I'd go throw in the DVD for you but my fiancee is watching TV.
Could you possibly do it for me later Feldenak? Id really appreciate it if you could.
 

Feldenak

Lifer
Jan 31, 2003
14,093
1
0
Originally posted by: MartyMcFly3
Originally posted by: Feldenak
Originally posted by: MartyMcFly3
Originally posted by: Feldenak

Then he brains that guy with the baseball bat. :)

I love that scene.
LOL i do too... Do you know the rest after he says "baseball"?
Naw, I don't remember. I'd go throw in the DVD for you but my fiancee is watching TV.
Could you possibly do it for me later Feldenak? Id really appreciate it if you could.
I'll see what I can do.....no promises though. :)
 

jus10case

Member
Jun 11, 2002
27
0
0


Life goes on. A man becomes pre-eminent. He is expected to have ... enthusiasms. Enthusiasms. What are mine? What draws my admiration? What is that which gives me joy?

Everyone: (hubbub): Ummmm, radio astronomy, pulsars, interstellar medium,

12

advising, scintillation, LIGO, gravity waves, ...

Don: (waits for hubbub to die): Baseball. [Kelley hands him a baseball bat. From this point on, Don can use to bat to menace (delicately).]

Baseball. A man. A man stands alone at the plate. This is the time for what? For individual achievement. There he stands alone. But if he stands in the field--what is he? Part of a team. Everyone: (hubbub): Yes, right, teamwork, team spirit, important to work to- gether, let's all just get along, ...

Don: (alternately points to the candidates, perhaps with the bat): He looks, she catches, she hustles, he throws, he slides, each person is part of one big team. Bats himself the live long day. Babe Ruth, Ty Cobb, and so on.

If he's not part of a team, what is he? Everyone: (hubbub): No one, nobody, worthless, junk, jerk, loser, ... Don: (on the heels of the hubbub): You follow me? No one! Sunny day. Stands are full of fans ... What does this player have to say? "I'm going out there for myself!" But he gets no where, unless the team wins. And to this player, selfish as he is, this is all I have to say. [With sudden violence, he slams the bat down on the fake laptop, which collapses. Everyone is silent with shock.]

Ryan: (after some time) Whoa! You don't like him when he's mad. Don: Any questions? (threatens with bat) [Everyone runs out of the room except Carl.]

13

Carl: Actually, Don, I have one question. Don: Go ahead. Carl: What does the "C" in your middle name stand for anyway? Don: It stands for "Corleone." But you can just call me "The Don."

 

MartyMcFly3

Lifer
Jan 18, 2003
11,436
29
91
www.youtube.com
Originally posted by: jus10case
Life goes on. A man becomes pre-eminent. He is expected to have ... enthusiasms. Enthusiasms. What are mine? What draws my admiration? What is that which gives me joy?

Everyone: (hubbub): Ummmm, radio astronomy, pulsars, interstellar medium,

12

advising, scintillation, LIGO, gravity waves, ...

Don: (waits for hubbub to die): Baseball. [Kelley hands him a baseball bat. From this point on, Don can use to bat to menace (delicately).]

Baseball. A man. A man stands alone at the plate. This is the time for what? For individual achievement. There he stands alone. But if he stands in the field--what is he? Part of a team. Everyone: (hubbub): Yes, right, teamwork, team spirit, important to work to- gether, let's all just get along, ...

Don: (alternately points to the candidates, perhaps with the bat): He looks, she catches, she hustles, he throws, he slides, each person is part of one big team. Bats himself the live long day. Babe Ruth, Ty Cobb, and so on.

If he's not part of a team, what is he? Everyone: (hubbub): No one, nobody, worthless, junk, jerk, loser, ... Don: (on the heels of the hubbub): You follow me? No one! Sunny day. Stands are full of fans ... What does this player have to say? "I'm going out there for myself!" But he gets no where, unless the team wins. And to this player, selfish as he is, this is all I have to say. [With sudden violence, he slams the bat down on the fake laptop, which collapses. Everyone is silent with shock.]

Ryan: (after some time) Whoa! You don't like him when he's mad. Don: Any questions? (threatens with bat) [Everyone runs out of the room except Carl.]

13

Carl: Actually, Don, I have one question. Don: Go ahead. Carl: What does the "C" in your middle name stand for anyway? Don: It stands for "Corleone." But you can just call me "The Don."

Nice try but thats not the exact quote. I checked that site out already ;)
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY