Need help choosing a case

cyberock

Apr 19, 2002
I plan on building myself a new PC this next week. I have my motherboard already which is a Asus P4PE. I plan on dropping a P4 2.53 ghz into it. I just don't know what case I should buy for it. I like mid towers and I want front 2.0 USB on it. Also needs to be able to hold a floppy, 2 cd roms, and 2 hard drives ( I might even add a 3rd hard drive later). I'm not into all those fancy looking cases, just a simple one is fine with me. Any recommendations on where to get a good case online and which one to get? Thanks!

corkyg

Elite Member | Peripherals
Super Moderator
Mar 4, 2000
I built two P4PE systems with the 25.3 GHz CPU - one went in a plain black Antec case - will hold 2 floppies, 3 HDDs, and 4 5.25" devices. There are USB ports in front. The other was a bit fancier - a Thermaltake Xaser II - aluminium with red accents. Same device load capability but also adds Firewire and temp gauge to the front. Both have Antex TruePower 430s.

cyberock

Apr 19, 2002
The antec looks nice. Looking for beige I think since all my cd roms are beige. I also don't need the firewire connection since my motherboard doesn't have that. :( If I buy a case with firewire, it'll depress me that I don't have it. ;)

s2kpacifist

Jan 21, 2003
Lian Li aluminum. I know it's kinda fancy, but for 30 more dollars it's a good deal. The aluminum is good for heat and it's light to carry to LAN parties. It's also damn cool.