• Guest, The rules for the P & N subforum have been updated to prohibit "ad hominem" or personal attacks against other posters. See the full details in the post "Politics and News Rules & Guidelines."

Need held enabling hybrid crossfire

Scumbag Inc

Nov 25, 2008
I just built a HTPC based around hybrid graphics but can't get it to work, I'm distraught. I have a Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H, a Sapphire 3450 and Vista 64. I manually downloaded the latest CCC (8.11) and 64bit drivers for the northbridge and graphics card. I understand to activate hybrid I need to enable surroundview in BIOS. I enable surroundview but when Vista boots up the screen goes black. Windows is still running but the screen is just black. I have my monitor hooked up to my video card. I can hook my TV to the HDMI on the mobo and they both will work until windows launches, then they both go black. When I disable surroundview and boot Windows my drivers are gone. What am I doing wrong? Is there something else I need to do in BIOS? Is there something else I need to do in CCC? Am I just SOL? I would really appreciate your help, I'm pulling my hair out here.

SolMiester

Diamond Member
Dec 19, 2004
Maybe you should try an older driver, ATI is known to break and fix stuff with each driver revision, perhaps one of the older drivers has it working?

ASK THE COMMUNITY