Need Gift suggestion for girlfriend's parents

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Merlyn3D

Platinum Member
Sep 15, 2001
Give them a carton of cigs and a 12-pack of rubbers and tell them you made up your master bedroom especially for them tonight.

isasir

Diamond Member
Aug 8, 2000
Originally posted by: LolaWiz
what about something fun/kitchy? like a statue of Liberty snow globe or something and a nice, but simple letter thanking them for visiting?

What about a neat speciality item that NY (even the state) is known for? like a gourmet "famous" food of some sort?

This is exactly where I need the help. Feel free to elaborate your post and share more suggestions. :)

Perhaps I can pick up cheesecake from Junior's.

SagaLore

Elite Member
Dec 18, 2001
Why do you want to get a material possession for someone you have never met?

Just take them out for dinner at a nice restaurant.

isasir

Diamond Member
Aug 8, 2000
Originally posted by: SagaLore
Why do you want to get a material possession for someone you have never met?

Just take them out for dinner at a nice restaurant.

Because there's a good chance they'll be my future in-laws and I want to make a good impression. :D

Adica

Golden Member
Dec 11, 2004
How about a nice framed picture of you and your GF at time square or at some New Yorky place? If I was her parents, I would treasure that.

L

Lola

Originally posted by: isasir
Originally posted by: LolaWiz
what about something fun/kitchy? like a statue of Liberty snow globe or something and a nice, but simple letter thanking them for visiting?

What about a neat speciality item that NY (even the state) is known for? like a gourmet "famous" food of some sort?

This is exactly where I need the help. Feel free to elaborate your post and share more suggestions. :)

Perhaps I can pick up cheesecake from Junior's.

a "welcome" basket. Find the very best "new york" bagels, salt water taffy from Coney Island(?), etc. i wish i knew what NY was fameous for, but thats what i would do.
lemme think about this somemore and do more reseach too! I think something can be thought of!

silverpig

Lifer
Jul 29, 2001
1. Whip it out.
2. (in a brooklyn accent) Yo pops, this (grab crotch and wave it around) is what i been fuggin you dawter wit. She gives a mean blowjob.
3. Pop open a can of beer, take a swig, then offer the rest to him.
4. Kiss the g/f's mom on the lips.
5. Slap the g/f's ass.
6. Walk away.

:D

Aug 26, 2004
Originally posted by: Adica
How about a nice framed picture of you and your GF at time square or at some New Yorky place? If I was her parents, I would treasure that.

i think this one sounds the best so far...considering you've never met them, i wouldn't go too far out

kreactor

Jan 3, 2005
junior cheesecake sucks, take em to veniero's patisserie for afternoon high tea instead (2nd ave + 11st nyc)

StormRider

Diamond Member
Mar 12, 2000
A plaster cast of your erect penis -- so they have an idea of what their daughter is getting.

alkemyst

No Lifer
Feb 13, 2001
since you're so 'fo shizzle

just write your sig down on a napkin:
You can take the player out of the game, but you can't take the game out of the player...

then wink at his mom and say you up for making me a switch hittah!

isasir

Diamond Member
Aug 8, 2000
Originally posted by: alkemyst

You can take the player out of the game, but you can't take the game out of the player...

Should I wear my FUBU shirt?

alkemyst

No Lifer
Feb 13, 2001
Originally posted by: isasir
Originally posted by: alkemyst

Should I wear my FUBU shirt?

no, your YMCA outfit is more appropriate. ;)

daftpunkit

Aug 18, 2005
if they drink, Wine is always good but that usually vice versa. When she takes you over to meet the parents, you bring like wine. But for parents visiting you guys dunno.

alkemyst

No Lifer
Feb 13, 2001
propostion the mother, let her know you want to find out if the original is better than the sequel.

A nice pinch on the rear will tell her you are serious.