Need for Speed Undercover

Pelu

Golden Member
Mar 3, 2008
omg... I want this one...

New Comment... edited here....
about undercover..... I hear there is going to be a patch that will fix the issues and improve gameplay... maybe they mail you the dvd with teh game... i mean the patch.... is this part of the new EA motto "Is on the Patch"?

u think it will really make the undercover better.. because I hope so...

thegimp03

Diamond Member
Jul 5, 2004
I think I saw a 1000 commercials for it last night watching South Park. It was annoying. They were just advertising it for Xbox 360 though, is it going to come out for PC?

Oyeve

Lifer
Oct 18, 1999
Originally posted by: thegimp03
I think I saw a 1000 commercials for it last night watching South Park. It was annoying. They were just advertising it for Xbox 360 though, is it going to come out for PC?

I hope so. If not, 360 then.

Pelu

Golden Member
Mar 3, 2008
yeah... and pursuit is back... after all whats the name of the last NFS "Carbon"???

Oyeve

Lifer
Oct 18, 1999
Originally posted by: Pelu
yeah... and pursuit is back... after all whats the name of the last NFS "Carbon"???

Actually it was ProStreet. More like ProShit.

error8

Diamond Member
Nov 28, 2007
Originally posted by: Oyeve

Yup, ProShit was the name. How the hell did they manage to create such an abomination of a game, is beyond me....

Barfo

Lifer
Jan 4, 2005
Originally posted by: error8
Originally posted by: Oyeve

Yup, ProShit was the name. How the hell did they manage to create such an abomination of a game, is beyond me....

Seriously, worst racing game ever, being a huge fan of the NFS series I put up with Underground and Carbon and played them through the end, I couldn't stomach ProShit for more than one hour and gave it away :frown:

Pelu

Golden Member
Mar 3, 2008
Is ProShit a NFS... oh ya i forgot... I though it was gran turismo or something like that... well I hope underground give me the most wanted feeling.. so far is the best nfs i ever played... pursuit was awesome... carbon was cool too... but wasnt the same... it feels like night time addon for most wanted with nothing to do with pursuit..

thegimp03

Diamond Member
Jul 5, 2004
I've been a big fan of the NFS series since I got the first NFS on my 75mhz P1 machine, then I got the Special Edition, then NFS2, NFS3, NFS Hot Pursuit, Porsche Unleashed, Hot Pursuit 2; then I barely lived through Underground 1 & 2, I liked Most Wanted, played Carbon but got bored, and didn't touch ProStreet.

I think I'll probably get Undercover. Looks like a Most Wanted/Carbon remake.

error8

Diamond Member
Nov 28, 2007
Originally posted by: thegimp03
I've been a big fan of the NFS series since I got the first NFS on my 75mhz P1 machine

Yeah, that was one serious racing game. I loved it. It ran smooth on a Cyrix 133 mhz, 8 mb of ram and a beast of 1mb Vram videocard. :laugh:

AmberClad

Diamond Member
Jul 23, 2005
ProStreet was terrible. First NFS game in years that I haven't bought. I was lucky I decided to try the demo first, otherwise it would have been a complete waste of money.

Hopefully Undercover will be a lot closer to what Most Wanted was...

bunnyfubbles

Lifer
Sep 3, 2001
Generally don't care at all for NFS games, but Most Wanted was awesome. If this one is more like MW, then I'll definitely have to consider it.

imported_Devine

Golden Member
Oct 10, 2006
*bows head* Dear God, please let EA pull their head out of their asses and make a good NFS game and quit butchering the series. If you do this I promise I'll stop kicking puppies, for reals this time.

Lonyo

Lifer
Aug 10, 2002
I thought ProStreet was alright for a racing game, especially with a wheel, but it was a poor excuse for a Need for Speed game.
I've pre-ordered Undercover already.

Raduque

Lifer
Aug 22, 2004
I'm waiting for a demo. Most Wanted was great (bought it for PC and 360) but ProStreet sucked. I only bought it when it was 19.99 on sale so I could make a 7 second Chevelle SS.

Oyeve

Lifer
Oct 18, 1999
Originally posted by: dNor
I'll be picking it up on 360! :thumbsup:

I may also. Don't turn the pc on for gaming much. My first NFS game was the first NFS. It came out exclusively on the 3DO console and then on the PC a couple of years later. Man, they have come a long way since the 3DO NFS. I remember playing it and asking "where the hell is the speed?" as the 3DO seemed to lag in that game. If you didnt hit anything for 30 secs or more you eventually felt the speed. I also remember the graphical illusion they implored in the game so you think its really going fast, it was blurred road lines. Even if you were at a full stop it was blurrred. So when you went faster the blur made it look like you were really going fast. They did the same thing for the 3DO version of Roadrash. Ahhh, the good old days.

thegimp03

Diamond Member
Jul 5, 2004
Originally posted by: Devine
*bows head* Dear God, please let EA pull their head out of their asses and make a good NFS game and quit butchering the series. If you do this I promise I'll stop kicking puppies, for reals this time.

I agree. I barely was able to keep patience through the stupid Underground games because I don't care at all for racing rice rockets. Although, that was the popular thing at that time with all the street racing movies coming out (i.e. Fast and Furious).

I know a few diehard fans of NFS who gave up on the series completely through Underground 1 & 2, but I stuck with it for lack of other racing games on my PC (other than the Colin McRae series)...

RallyMaster

Diamond Member
Dec 28, 2004
I've stopped playing NFS since trying Underground. The last NFS game I played a lot of was NFS Hot Pursuit 2. Right now, the NFS series is just a bunch of commercialized crap that gets released every year with a new car or two. The lack of a large car selection is dismal and the whole arcade racing thing is just getting really kiddish. I guess ProStreet tried to be almost simulation but obviously no one who likes arcade racing likes simulation...

Elcs

Diamond Member
Apr 27, 2002
Funnily enough, Underground got me into NFS and Underground 2 turned me away.

Most Wanted pulled me back in, phenomenal fun and Carbon was.... ok. ProStreet was an abomination that looked like EA had found a racing engine from 10 years ago and decided that would be a good choice.

Ive played a lot of G.R.I.D. which can be fun, can be unforgiving but its cool.

I look forward to Undercover and for once, I feel blessed that America gets to play test it for me for 4 days before I contemplate picking it up on Friday :)

EDIT: Who will shout at me for asking this? DRM?

CP5670

Diamond Member
Jun 24, 2004
It's good to see that they're bringing back the cops and an open game world. I want to see another game like MW, which was the best racing title I've played in years.

Oyeve

Lifer
Oct 18, 1999
I want more concept cars, like in Hot pursuit 1 and 2. Driving at 275mph+ with cops on your ass is great fun!

drebo

Diamond Member
Feb 24, 2006
Maybe I'm alone in this, but I actually preferred ProStreet to Carbon.

I HATED the cop chases. 50 cop cars chasing you which can make turns only a unicycle could in real life, weren't phased by anything, magically appeared around each and every corner...no...that wasn't fun at all. The premise behind Carbon was OK, I guess.

I heartily enjoyed the simulation aspect of ProStreet. It was quite fun. I'll admit it was cheesy and not realistic at all, and somewhat repetative (aren't all racing games?) But it was fun.

GRID just tried too hard to be too "realistic" and ended up being neither realistic nor fun. Failure.