need equal or greater router than this

JackMDS

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 25, 1999
The WRVS4400N is a specialty Router that include aspects that are nor common in less expensive end-User Wireless Routers (like VPN and RADIUS).

You have to specify what are the specific needs of your office if you want a credible answer.

Some features can be achieved by using a sub $100 Wireless Router that is flashed with DD-WRT. However you have to be savvy in this issue in order to do what is needed.

:cool:

MonKENy

Platinum Member
Nov 1, 2007
I think it just needs VPN capabilities. Just networking 2 small offices together. I have no idea what type of special capabilities this might have that we need or dont need.

boomhower

Diamond Member
Sep 13, 2007
I have no idea what type of special capabilities this might have that we need or dont need.

I'm not trying to be funny, but if you don't know what the needs are why are you sourcing the router?

JackMDS

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 25, 1999
cause unfortunately I have no one else to do it for me.

Then I would say.

Option 1. Spend sometime and learn the issues, then (if needed) come wit a specific question.

Option 2. Buy a more expensive device like the Juniper to cover security and VPN, and add to it Access Points to get Wireless.

It will be more expensive, but that is the usual fate of ignorance, it costs more. :eek:

:cool:

MonKENy

Platinum Member
Nov 1, 2007
If i had the time I would. I honestly dont but thats ok I went with the non wireless version of that router. We have AP already so ill just use them