Need enterprise-class workgroup printer/copier -- ideas?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
Two questions...

1) Do you require color copies
2) What % of those 400-500 ppd volumes would be color?

Gunbuster

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Anything but a Xerox. Shit quality, Shit service techs, Shit lying sales reps, Shit speed, need I go on?

The Xerox web config interface will make you want to kill kittens.

Last edited:

alkemyst

No Lifer
Feb 13, 2001
fuck man, sign up for a lease. Support will be needed and you get all the bells and whistles.

We like Ricoh/Lanier here. LD245 for B/W and C4500 for color. 45ppm rating.

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
fuck man, sign up for a lease. Support will be needed and you get all the bells and whistles.

We like Ricoh/Lanier here. LD245 for B/W and C4500 for color. 45ppm rating.

Yeh we always leased ours too. Had built in supplies and maint contracts. I second (third?) the Ricoh suggestions. Not the fanciest machines or the sleekest interfaces but they were reliable workhorses that were half what Xerox wanted.

GeekDrew

Diamond Member
Jun 7, 2000
Yeh we always leased ours too. Had built in supplies and maint contracts. I second (third?) the Ricoh suggestions. Not the fanciest machines or the sleekest interfaces but they were reliable workhorses that were half what Xerox wanted.

I've done both leasing and outright purchasing. Most companies seem to prefer leasing, and I don't have a problem with that, as long as the maintenance company is well known, and is known to have great service. If they aren't, however, I prefer outright purchase, and then you can get other companies to service them if needed.

Sea Moose

Diamond Member
May 12, 2009
enterprise_x5.jpg

SLCentral

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2003
The Toshiba color copier/printer we have is the most irritating device I know of. I feel like I'm in Office Space every day.

seepy83

Platinum Member
Nov 12, 2003
We recently switched from having Canon and/or Ricoh MFPs to all Sharp. We've been happy with the reliability (going on about 1.5 years with them now).

FWIW - We lease all of ours with a Maintenance Contract added to them. I wouldn't want to own a $30k+ copier and be responsible for parts and labor on top of that.