need contact lenses ASAP -- any store that sells them?

jcmuse

Sep 21, 2005
ok i ran out of lenses and i need some asap before i go on vacation for xmas. is there any store that sells them? seems like u can only get them by mail, but i need them now.

i am a costco member, not sure if they carry lenses.

do i need a signed prescription in hand to get them?

GenHoth

Platinum Member
Jul 5, 2007
Most places carry common (aka low prescription) lenses. But they need yours on file (I always wondered about this, if I know my prescription why can't I get a pair? It isn't like I'm going to get high of my contacts)

jcmuse

Sep 21, 2005
how do i get my prescription to them(costco or w/e)? my doctor is @ sears optical like 6 hrs away from me.. can i call him and have him call the prescription in... or something like that?

GenHoth

Platinum Member
Jul 5, 2007
Originally posted by: jcmuse
how do i get my prescription to them(costco or w/e)? my doctor is @ sears optical like 6 hrs away from me.. can i call him and have him call the prescription in... or something like that?

Yes

Dunbar

Platinum Member
Feb 19, 2001
I forgot my contacts on a trip and the store just called my optomologist to verify the prescription.

gorcorps

aka Brandon
Jul 18, 2004
Originally posted by: GenHoth
Most places carry common (aka low prescription) lenses. But they need yours on file (I always wondered about this, if I know my prescription why can't I get a pair? It isn't like I'm going to get high of my contacts)

But you could damage your eyes if you have the wrong prescription or size. Bound to be a lawsuit at some point, so better for them to not take any risks.