Need cheap graphics card for 4K at 60hz , No gaming

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

GeezerMan

Platinum Member
Jan 28, 2005
I have an extended family member that's getting this deal for 328.00
Intel Core i7-12700K, ASUS Z690 Plus TUF Gaming WiFi DDR4, CPU / Motherboard Combo

If I could get them to sell my hardware for me, it's tempting to go that route. This CPU has graphics, and the board uses DDR4, which I already have. That's a monster CPU to me.,

These combo deals seem unbeatable

Reactions: igor_kavinski

DAPUNISHER

Super Moderator CPU Forum Mod and Elite Member
Super Moderator
Aug 22, 2001
These combo deals seem unbeatable
They are. But you could have that relative pull your cooler off, drop in a 5700G, and be done with it. No OS to buy, no installing drivers and software, no selling of old hardware, just BAM! done. Again, it's your BBQ, I just don't understand the way you think. :p

GeezerMan

Platinum Member
Jan 28, 2005
They are. But you could have that relative pull your cooler off, drop in a 5700G, and be done with it. No OS to buy, no installing drivers and software, no selling of old hardware, just BAM! done. Again, it's your BBQ, I just don't understand the way you think. :p
I knew you would say that:fearscream:. It was not that long ago I would love changing things up. It was in my blood. It's hard to adjust to less hands on now. I have this nephew of sorts egging me on . If he does the work of dismantling, sell the old parts, assemble the new. it's tempting. I know he's a good builder because I taught him:eek:

I don't buy MS OS. I will let you guys into a secret here. I still have luck using Win 7 Pro keys to activate Win 10, then upgrade to Win 11 for free on newer hardware. I have not paid for a MS OS in many , many years. I just upgraded an old Toshiba laptop to Win 7 Pro from Win 7 Home, then from within windows, I did an upgrade to Win 10 Pro. All free. I also upgraded a 4th gen HP workstation to win 10 pro using a win 7 key. I get the validation immediately with the MS servers.

DAPUNISHER

Super Moderator CPU Forum Mod and Elite Member
Super Moderator
Aug 22, 2001
Cool beans. I mean if he likes building as much as I do, the new combo is well worth the effort. And the upgrade cycle you just described is exhausting just reading it. :p You can get a legit 10pro license for $10 or so now. I use an 11pro USB for the install, input the 10 key, and away I go.

GeezerMan

Platinum Member
Jan 28, 2005
Cool beans. I mean if he likes building as much as I do, the new combo is well worth the effort. And the upgrade cycle you just described is exhausting just reading it. :p You can get a legit 10pro license for $10 or so now. I use an 11pro USB for the install, input the 10 key, and away I go.

I still have several legit Win 7 keys, that are working now to activate Win 10. There were a couple of articles on the web about how to get a free Win 10 today, one from December 2022. I don't care for win 11 since it fubar my beloved Libre Office

I need to clarify, the upgrade on a client's Toshiba laptop was unusually long and roundabout because I did not have win 7 Pro keys on that one. He paid me a long time ago to upgrade to Win 7 Pro from Win 7 Home. I paid MS for the key. Of course, he never kept the key, and the drive crashed. So, I had to use a Toshiba Win 7 Pro rescue disk to install Win 7 pro first, then upgrade to Win 10 Pro. It still worked fine, and I got paid to do it. He called me a miracle worker. :tongueclosed:

On my new motherboards I buy, I simply install Win 10 and use Win 7 keys to activate. No fuss nor muss about that, and just as fast as using a Win 10 Key

Last edited:

tcsenter

Lifer
Sep 7, 2001
Did you ever find a card? Member EXCellR8 has Quadro M2000 in the For Sale sub-forum at a good price. This is based on or derivative of the same part as GeForce GTX 950/960 (M=Maxwell) but has 2nd Gen NVDEC video decoder, full support for 8-bit VP9 (not 10 or 12 bit).

Also is comparable to GTX 950 or Radeon RX 560 in 3D performance. A bit neutered by the 4GB VRAM but that mostly effects the 3D graphics not decoding performance.