Question Need Case for TOP 420 RAD & SIDE 240 RAD Recommendations

Fakum

Dec 7, 2007
New build: Looking for a MID (Preferred) or FULL tower to house a 420 CPU RAD (ARCTIC Liquid Freezer II 420) on TOP (Exhaust) and a GPU 240 RAD (RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G) on the SIDE (Exhaust). I don’t really want to put any RAD in the Front and reject the heat into the case. I will use the remaining available Fan locations to provide makeup air to the case. My days of research have led me to:

-Corsair 7000D AIRFLOW Full-Tower ATX PC Case (Dimensions are most appealing so far)

-Lian Li PC-O11DW 011

Both have a bit of ambiguity regarding the fits of both RADs in those locations. The Corsair has a more favorable foot print as I can go higher and deeper case wise size, width is a bit more problematic. Any advice would be appreciated.

Current parts list =

-Intel Core i9-13900K
-ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero
-MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G
-G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB Series (Intel XMP) 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin SDRAM DDR5 6000 CL36-36-36-96 1.35V
-SAMSUNG 990 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe 4.0 M.2 Internal Solid State Drive
-MSI MPG A1000G PCIE 5 & ATX 3.0 Gaming Power Supply

Fakum

Dec 7, 2007
Yes, I already tried that, it filtered the cases down to 70+ but I cant narrow it down to my specific need, and that is NOT to use the front as a RAD mount, I only want Top and Side. Most of what is on the 70+ list assumes mounting a RAD in the front.

Tech Junky

Diamond Member
Jan 27, 2022
I know I've seen cases with a side panel fan option but can't think of the name right now. Side panels that are mesh usually isn't good for airflow though unless you're doing what you're doing w/ exhaust / LC.

I've played around with mounting fans in push/pull configurations though even with an air cooler and they don't make a ton of difference in either position other than for dust prevention. If there's a spot for a fan I've crammed one into a case to the point of 10+ fans in a single system.

Since your key components CPU/GPU are being taken care of by rads there won't be much else inside the case to cool that goes high temp. I'm currently using a FD Meshify 2 and it has enough room for tons of fans if you don't need it in storage mode for 3.5 drives. I would put an air cooler on the CPU an dual fans and focus on he GPU as that's going to be putting out the heat when gaming. Gaming doesn't put a huge load on the CPU to crank up the temps typically.