Need Car Purchase advice on '95 integra

victoria116

Aug 24, 2003
I'm going to take a look at a '95 integra tonight. I would like some advice before I go. Smog and registration are one month old. brand new tires. scratch on front bumper. clean title. 2dr. Seller's description is below:

The only problem that it has is that it idols a little rough when it is cold. After a minute, when it warms up a little, it runs perfect. I am pretty sure that it is a sensor that is malfuntioning. I know which one it is but have not had the time to have it replaced.

122000 miles
Automatic
aftermarket CD player
Sunroof
New timing belt
New radiator
New sparkplugs and wires

Priced at $4200 but negotiable.

TIA :)

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
check the seal around the sun roof. 9 years old so all the rubber is going, don't want a leaky roof.

victoria116

Aug 24, 2003
well i dont know how to drive stick and this is within my price range. wish i could afford more

Wuffsunie

Platinum Member
May 4, 2002
Price is acceptable. Try and get him to below $4000, though. It really shouldn't be more than that.

Work looks okay, miliage is fine. If you can, try and get under the car to look around for rust and check on the exhaust system in paticular. I know corrosion isn't a big thing in your part of the country, but you never know. When looking over the rest of the body and engine compartment, beware any newly repainted sections. See if there are any oil leaks on the engine from seals that have gone. That and the sunroof and you should be okay.

victoria116

Aug 24, 2003
ok thx for the great advice. i was actually planning on bringing it to a mechanic before buying it.

victoria116

Aug 24, 2003
i looked that over but couldnt find the difference. btw, does anyone have an unlimited carfax account? i can paypal you a few bucks to run a report.

victoria116

Aug 24, 2003
yeah it was around 3800 for "good" condition. would a scratch on the bumper (minor) and that idling problem bring it down to "fair?"

m2kewl

Diamond Member
Oct 7, 2001
Originally posted by: victoria116
yeah it was around 3800 for "good" condition. would a scratch on the bumper (minor) and that idling problem bring it down to "fair?"

yes b/c you're going to have to fix those.

also, the "best" integras are the 90-93 designs...i luv those :D