Need birthday gift suggestions!

BlueScreenVW

Sep 10, 2000
The day after tomorrow is my girlfriends birthday, and my mind is totally blank. I don't have the slightest idea what to give her, apart from another boring book or CD record. Anyone has any suggestions for funny birthday gifts, not too expensive, for a girl?

*Edit* The price range we usually land in is about $20-30, since we're both poor students. And don't suggest I give her a new motherboard or CPU! :)

:D

TuffGirl

Platinum Member
Jan 20, 2001
HEY!! What's wrong with getting her a new mobo and CPU??
Hehe, my bf recently got me both, an ASUS CUSL2-C and a sweet P3 733MHz fc-pga cpu. It wasn't my birthday though, but I didn't complain, hehe. :D

Gunther

Golden Member
Mar 6, 2001
go to the .99 store and get her a lot of junk :) but she probably wont want to talk to you for month after that... but that's ok

TuffGirl

Platinum Member
Jan 20, 2001
How about some nice lingerie or a pretty necklace. Yeah it's not very original, but a girl can't have enough of those things IMO. Also, the forum would be able to help you out more if you described what your gf is into, her tastes, etc.

BlueScreenVW

Sep 10, 2000
azztec: sorry, handcuffs are a no-no or I'll be doing the dishes for the next 3 months. :)
Gunther: the thought crossed my mind... ;)
klee58:
a) The thing is, if I give her a new mobo and CPU I have to give her a new hdd, vid card, monitor and all the other stuff too - she's currently on a Pentium Pro system (but uses mine most of the time, anyway). :D
b) Well, the things my girlfriend is into: pathology, histology, possibly psychiatry, not that much surgery, blabla, well you get the point: it's tough to get her something original, since she really doesn't have any specific interests. Of course she likes watching movies, reading, and other common stuff, but nothing that strikes you as very spectacular.

*Edit* Maybe I could give her a stetoscope cooler? ;)

:D

MrCool

May 4, 2001
I gave my girlfriend a silver ring with fake diamonds which she loved. (Tells everyone its white gold and diamonds.)

TranceNation

Platinum Member
Jan 6, 2001

for that price range I'd suggest lingere, roses or a necklace. if
you're the sentimental type, maybe a picture frame or something like
that. Maybe some perfume would do.
Basically, girls like to brag to others about how much their bf likes them, so you should give her something she can brag about. It should
be something romantic though. Maybe write her a poem.

Hamburgerpimp

Diamond Member
Aug 15, 2000
Wrap up in a box:

1) Chocolate Dick
1) Bottle of Hot Sauce
1) Good size Fire Extinguisher

She'll love it, trust me!

Muadib

Lifer
May 30, 2000
Take her out to a nice restaurant. Or get a large ribbon & wrap yourself. You can get one of those huge cards to go with your gift.

Muadib

Lifer
May 30, 2000
1) Chocolate Dick
1) Bottle of Hot Sauce
1) Good size Fire Extinguisher
Explain please...

BlueScreenVW

Sep 10, 2000
Azraele: Flowers, dinner (and perfume) is now on my list.

Hamburgerpimp: she doesn't really like chocolate... ;)