Need Best Wireless Keyboard for Gaming

techmanc

Golden Member
Aug 20, 2006
Well as my title states I looking for the Best Wireless Keyboard for Gaming.

I currently use what I thought was my best solution using this keyboard but I just compared it to logitech G510 wired keyboard using as a test I was playing Destiny 2 and the game has a lot of jumping type of puzzles to perform and game is easier to get those puzzles done with my wired keyboard.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B003VAGXWK/ref=psdc_12879431_t1_B07796MBJ7

I recently seen this wireless and asked at the website if it was better for gaming than the k800 I was using but no one replied back which is why I making this thread here

https://www.amazon.com/Logitech-G61...F4GDIQ&linkCode=xm2&camp=2025&creative=165953

Are there other wireless keyboard that could work better?
Any way to fix the lag with my current keyboard but I am guessing I may already have the best keyboard I can use now or the other one I posted?

Posting now for questions and feedback thanks.

cmdrdredd

Lifer
Dec 12, 2001
Corsair K63 Mechanical keyboard or Logitech G613 Lightspeed. These both have 1ms response times using 2.4Ghz wireless which is faster than you can physically react. They also work with bluetooth for other devices. The Corsair can be used as a wired keyboard

The Corsair has blue backlit cheery MX Red linear switches while the Logitech uses Romer-G switches. You can read about these on various websites to compare them. Generally Cherry MX is considered the gold standard. Romer-G switches are said to feel like Cherry MX Brown switches which are tactile without a click sound but spring back up a bit faster than Cherry Browns. Cherry MX Red keys are lighter to press and linear, there is no detent to tell you when the switch activates. It's just a single smooth travel motion.

techmanc

Golden Member
Aug 20, 2006
Corsair K63 Mechanical keyboard or Logitech G613 Lightspeed. These both have 1ms response times using 2.4Ghz wireless which is faster than you can physically react. They also work with bluetooth for other devices. The Corsair can be used as a wired keyboard

The Corsair has blue backlit cheery MX Red linear switches while the Logitech uses Romer-G switches. You can read about these on various websites to compare them. Generally Cherry MX is considered the gold standard. Romer-G switches are said to feel like Cherry MX Brown switches which are tactile without a click sound but spring back up a bit faster than Cherry Browns. Cherry MX Red keys are lighter to press and linear, there is no detent to tell you when the switch activates. It's just a single smooth travel motion.

So how did you find the specs 1ms response time as the 2 logitech keyboards I posted earlier I like to know what there response times are? those keyboards both using 2.4Ghz wireless so thats covered and not sure on the witch switches to use as I am a keyboard tech noobie.

cmdrdredd

Lifer
Dec 12, 2001
So how did you find the specs 1ms response time as the 2 logitech keyboards I posted earlier I like to know what there response times are? those keyboards both using 2.4Ghz wireless so thats covered and not sure on the witch switches to use as I am a keyboard tech noobie.

The keyboards you linked to are not mechanical which are preferred for gaming because they hold up better and can be faster. The specs for the keyboards I mentioned talk about low latency wireless specifically for gaming. I use wired keyboards though.

Hans Gruber

Platinum Member
Dec 23, 2006
Wireless mouse, ok but not a wireless keyboard for gaming. I would even question using a wireless mouse for gaming.

Campy

Jun 25, 2010
If I were looking for wireless gaming peripherals with low latency, I'd be looking at Logitech's gaming products. G613 should be good.

DigDog

Lifer
Jun 3, 2011
Logitech lightspeed is the only currently viable wireless technology for gaming; everything else has lag, be it little or huge.

Reactions: Campy

Organik

Jul 15, 2018
The wireless keyboard and mouse usually come together. Logitech is your best bet my friend.

techmanc

Golden Member
Aug 20, 2006
My workaround for laggy wireless situationfor my 2 gaming PC I bought another G510s wired keyboard which has been last great programmable keyboard with the display I use and having 18 macros is overkill but the 10 or so I use is helpful and if you need a added mike headphone slot it had one. I paid $99 from amazon I believe its a refurb but I think is was worth the money and hopefully if will last for some years from now. I put the logitech link here for the keyboard well I could not find the link but here is amazon 1 for sale and the prices are going up do to lack of availability as there not making any more of the imho great keyboard Also when I used the KB in the shotted I always play Destiny 2 I was finally able to do all the jumping puzzles that were next to impossible with my wireless kb....

https://www.amazon.com/Logitech-G51...2224214&sr=8-1&keywords=logitech+510+keyboard

techmanc

Golden Member
Aug 20, 2006
I love my 2 wireless G900 or 903 for gaming and unlike earlier versions it can last a whole day between recharges!