Need Battlefield 4 system help

SEAL62505

Golden Member
Oct 8, 2000
Hello all - I haven't had a PC gaming rig in some time now. I currently have a i3-3225 Intel processor (with integrated graphics) and 8gb of memory.

I am interested in possibly getting Battlefield 4 and saw the system requirements:
https://twitter.com/Battlefield/status/377129313524387841/photo/1

I am not going for super high end, but at the same time I would never roll with the minimum spec.

I would be playing at 1900x1200 and like to have visuals set to med or high

1 - Do you think a Radeon 7850 2gb would be sufficient? (I still need to buy something)

2 - Is my processor going to be a big bottleneck being only dual core? I definitely don't want to overbuy on graphics if my CPU isn't cut out for gaming.

3 - Is there any point in getting a sound card these days? As in, do games specifically do anything to partner with the sound card makers these days for extra effects? (I believe in Battlefield 2 days it still made sense to get an EAX card...)

Thanks in advance for your help!

Arkaign

Lifer
Oct 27, 2006
Yes, upgrading your CPU to a quad will certainly help with multiplayer.

Radeon 7850 should be enough as long as you scale back AA and probably shadows. BF4 doesn't look to be substantially more intensive on the video card.

No idea if sound is more advanced with BF4, but with BF3 any recent integrated sound is fine. I have an X-Fi personally, but also play it on a system with integrated w/HDMI pass-through and it's the same either way.