need an inexpensive motherboard for 3570K

iceColdKilla

Jul 20, 2013
i'll be buying from here

I'm building a new PC based on a 3570K. Need a Z77 motherboard from a decent company (asus, gigabyte) around <10,000 INR.

1.Should have a decent on-board audio, if possible.
2.Good for overclocking(also can someone tell me how to tell whether
a board is good for OCing or not, what should one look for.)
3.preferably ATX.

adnank77

Jul 7, 2013
NCIX.com were having a clearance sale .. Z77 motherboards for as low as 50$

For now, cheapest in their site is mATX board for 69$ (Candadian which is like 67$ US)

Vectronic

Jan 9, 2013
Ok Mr. NCIX (which by the way I bought all the parts for my latest rig from) *when* is the sale exactly? The current "Beat the Heat" sale doesn't have what the OP asked for.

My board is still more expensive than when I bought it (Nov. pre-xmas sale, sale thing).

Basically what I'm saying is... disappointing and rather spammy of you.

adnank77

Jul 7, 2013
Ok Mr. NCIX (which by the way I bought all the parts for my latest rig from) *when* is the sale exactly? The current "Beat the Heat" sale doesn't have what the OP asked for.

My board is still more expensive than when I bought it (Nov. pre-xmas sale, sale thing).

Basically what I'm saying is... disappointing and rather spammy of you.

I'm sorry if I disappointed you by any means .. I've heard of the sale in one of their latest youtube videos ..

infoiltrator

Feb 9, 2011
INR Indian Rupees (10,000 INR about $168)
Where would you be shopping? We need to know what is available. Are prices at your location higher than USA ones?
Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H is about $135 US list. GA-Z77X-UD3H $145
Asrock Z77 Extreme4 $135
Asus P8Z77-V LK $130
probably the Gigabytes are your best choice, Asrock a close second, Asus customer service in US has been poor, do not know in your locale.

iceColdKilla

Jul 20, 2013
i live in india and can buy only from flipkart, not any other shopping portal...
are gigabyte boards good?
better than asus? how is sound quality of onboard chip?
how are they fro overclocking purpose..?

Last edited:

infoiltrator

Feb 9, 2011
The Asrock Z77 Extreme3 is the best ATX motherboard under 10,000 INR, good feature set for the price.
Of the boards listed under 10,000 INR the Gigabyte Z77M-D3H is good too.
It is mATX and VIA VT2021 sound chipset.
If mATX (4 expansion slots instead of 7) and the sound chip (I know the Realtech, not the VIA) are good for you that would be best.
Asus and Gigabyte trade "best motherboard" postitions depending on price and features.
The Asus VLX is over limit and OOS.

2is

Diamond Member
Apr 8, 2012
i live in india and can buy only from flipkart, not any other shopping portal...
are gigabyte boards good?
better than asus? how is sound quality of onboard chip?
how are they fro overclocking purpose..?

Gigabyte are good, but not better than ASUS IMO.

jkauff

Oct 4, 2012
I had an Asus P8Z77-V LX for several months before an electrical surge killed it. I replaced it with an Asus P8Z77-V Pro because I needed the extra ports. I've had no problem getting a stable 4.4 OC with my 3570K with an upgraded air cooler. The LX is a budget board, but it has the high end Realtek audio chip and is well-made. Supports front-panel audio and USB 3.0 connections.

iceColdKilla

Jul 20, 2013
okay guys, final call. Here are the three options i have picked-

GA-Z77PD3
Z77 Pro4
Z77 Extreme 3

which one is best in terms of reliability, OCing

I'm prefering gigabyte because asrock after-sales support isn't as good in India. But asrock has better audio and ethernet.

hackerballs

Jul 4, 2013
looks like that one would be the best one you picked out..........all 3 will overclock if you have an unlocked CPU

BIOS64 MB AMI UEFI Legal BIOS with GUI Support, Supports Plug and Play, ACPI 1.1 Compliance Wake Up Events, Supports Jumperfree, SMBIOS 2.3.1 Support, CPU Core, IGPU, DRAM, PCH, CPU PLL, VTT, VCCSA Voltage Multi-adjustmentFeaturesASRock Extreme Tuning Utility (AXTU), ASRock Instant Boot, ASRock Instant Flash, ASRock APP Charger, ASRock SmartView, ASRock XFast USB, ASRock XFast LAN, ASRock XFast RAM, ASRock OMG (Online Management Guard), ASRock Internet Flash, Hybrid Booster, Combo Cooler Option (C.C.O), Good Night LED, Solid Capacitor DesignAdvanced TechnologiesIntel Turbo Boost 2.0 Technology, Intel K-series Unlocked CPU, Hyper-threading Technology, Intel Extreme Memory Profile (XMP) 1.3/1.2 with Intel Ivy Bridge CPUAdvanced FeaturesSupports Intel HD Graphics Built-in Visuals: Intel Quick Sync Video 2.0, Intel InTru 3D, Intel Clear Video HD Technology, Intel Insider, Intel HD Graphics 2500/4000 with Intel Ivy Bridge CPU, Intel HD Graphics 2000/3000, Intel Advanced Vector Extensions (AVX) with Intel Sandy Bridge CPU

This is what makes it overclockable or not