Need an app to burn avi's by chapter to a playable dvd format.

HeXploiT

Diamond Member
Jun 11, 2004
I have multiple avi's(over 150) that I want to burn to dvd's for stand alone dvd players. I want each avi to be a chapter on the dvd's. Is there a single program that can do this for me?
I have Nero8 and deepburner and neither of them are equipped to do the job.

MTDEW

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 1999
Nero 8's nerovision wont do this?
I'd figure just add the avi's and choose not to chapter automatically and you can have a menu where you can select each video seperately or choose to play them in succession one after the other.

Unless each video is the exact same length , im not sure i know of an app that can automatically assign chapters for you.

I know Ulead's DVD Movie Factory software lets you insert chapters where you want, but that would take some time with 150 video files.
And i havent used the latest version, so i cannot vouch 100% that the "insert chapters manually" is still intact with the latest version.

Rottie

Diamond Member
Feb 10, 2002
I believe NeroVision does have a option for chapter. Did you follow the wizard?

MTDEW

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 1999
Originally posted by: Rottie
I believe NeroVision does have a option for chapter. Did you follow the wizard?
I think nerovision just lets you select a single time interval and then it inserts chapters automatically at that same interval throughout the whole video.

So as i said, that would only work if all the avi files were the same length.

If all the avi files are different lengths, you'd have to chapter it manually.
(which i dont think nerovision has an option to do)
Or
Just leave each avi file seperate so you can choose which one to view manually choosing from a menu.

Rottie

Diamond Member
Feb 10, 2002
I remember I put 7 clips with different sizes I put chapters each clips automatically or manually.

MTDEW

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 1999
Originally posted by: Rottie
I remember I put 7 clips with different sizes I put chapters each clips automatically or manually.

:thumbsup: You're right :thumbsup:, i just ran nero vision to check, all i ever saw was the "create chapters automatically" checkbox.
But on the right menu it has a "create chapters" option that lets you preview the entire video and select exactly where you want your chapters to be.

So if you write down the length of each avi as you add them, it should be a snap to scroll the timeline in the preview window to the end/beginning of each avi and insert a chapter.