Question Need Advise on BIG Work monitor

Kraziicdn

Aug 3, 2023
Hi Folks,

am not to savy when it comes to monitors, I would need your help! I spend my days at the computer for work. I spend roughtly between 8 to 12 hours a day! I currently have a 3 monitor set up. 24 inch x 3 and I have to be honest it's seriously hurting my neck. I was recommended by an Ergonomic assement to get a 34 + monitor. My Question is What do you recommend as a 34+ monitor that would suite my work laptop. The laptop work is supplying is a HP Probook 640 G4. Here is the display settings below. I believe the laptop can display at max 1080p But for some reason at some point I did connect it to my Gaming monitor 1440p and it was working fine. So when I am shopping for a monitor what is my limit I can go for meaning. Can I get and buy a 49 Inch from samsung. or there 34" QLED Ultra WQHD 21:9 Curved Monitor with ThunderboltTM 3. I am clueless if anyone can recommend a Montior that big enought to have 3 full page onnit at once. i would greatly appreciate it.

1691092471983.png

Jimminy

May 19, 2020
I recommend three much bigger monitors:

Samsung CJ890 49-inch

Place them in a circular pattern very near your sitting position. You might be able to get away with only two, but be prepared to order several more if two aren't good enough.

GodisanAtheist

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2006
Couple questions for OP:

-Are you paying for these monitors or is work? Is there a budget?

-What is your work? Do you need color accuracy, high refresh rates, high resolution etc or is this something that's more administrative/code related and the monitor specs aren't a huge deal?

-Will you be using these monitors for any entertainment purposes beyond work (videogames, watching movies, etc) or is this again purely work related?

Chapbass

Diamond Member
May 31, 2004
Hi Folks,

am not to savy when it comes to monitors, I would need your help! I spend my days at the computer for work. I spend roughtly between 8 to 12 hours a day! I currently have a 3 monitor set up. 24 inch x 3 and I have to be honest it's seriously hurting my neck. I was recommended by an Ergonomic assement to get a 34 + monitor. My Question is What do you recommend as a 34+ monitor that would suite my work laptop. The laptop work is supplying is a HP Probook 640 G4. Here is the display settings below. I believe the laptop can display at max 1080p But for some reason at some point I did connect it to my Gaming monitor 1440p and it was working fine. So when I am shopping for a monitor what is my limit I can go for meaning. Can I get and buy a 49 Inch from samsung. or there 34" QLED Ultra WQHD 21:9 Curved Monitor with ThunderboltTM 3. I am clueless if anyone can recommend a Montior that big enought to have 3 full page onnit at once. i would greatly appreciate it.

View attachment 84009

Just so we're clear here: The resolutions you posted in this screenshot are for *the screen on the laptop itself*, and that does not have anything to do with the capabilities of an external monitor. This is why you were able to plug in a 1440p external monitor and have it work.

There *ARE* limitations of external displays, but most modern laptops can handle a single external screen without issue, pretty much regardless of resolution (I'm handwaving here, but its usually correct).

PTittytty

Sep 11, 2023
i have a 27inch Dell s2721hn and i think its big enough, good for day to day tasks. I thought my old 24 inch monitor was small but this one is really big in comparison