Need Advice on Camera

Sepen

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
My 6 year old grandson loves to make movies with his Moms Razr cell phone. I would like to get him a camera that is easy to use for this purpose. I had also looked for a cheaper tablet, Kindle etc but a bit to pricey and no rear camera. I guess one that he could turn on and a dedicated movie button or something that would be easy to use would suffice. Thanks to any.

gus6464

Golden Member
Nov 10, 2005
I found the sony Bloggies to be pretty nice for the size and cheap but too bad Sony discontinued them. Adorama seems to still have a couple left though.

guachi

Nov 16, 2010
Hmmm.... six is about the age where he can rapidly start learning all sorts of things about any camera you get him so perhaps consider a camera that is simple with the basics but still has lots of features under the hood?

Maybe try ebay or craigslist? Probably be able to find someone upgrading to the latest and greates and willing to part with good tech for a song. And if it's cheap and used it's not a big deal if it breaks.

I'm just trying to think if a camcorder shape or a P&S camera shape would be easiest for a six year old to handle.

SecurityTheatre

Aug 14, 2011
It might be fun to get a simple, durable waterproof Point & Shoot camera. I have one from Panasonic that's decent and under $150.

I know some kids who had a blast with the waterproof camera, whether it's just at the pool or out in the rain. Plus, composite lenses and seals make it a lot more abuse resistant than your average phone or tablet, which could be a good thing with any 6 year olds I've known.

Things like this might be an option:

http://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-Wat...=1355315022&sr=8-1&keywords=waterproof+camera

Bright colors help it not to get lost in the laundry too. :)