Need advice, Guild Wars 2 vs Mists of Pandaria

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Ashenor

Golden Member
May 9, 2012
Honestly for me why can't these games be spaced out more. Playing GW2, BL2, And Panda time all within a month of each other, where were you guys when i was bored all summer!

imaheadcase

Diamond Member
May 9, 2005
Ya i seen that i never got into GW1 so what am i even missing that people are getting that carrys over?

Nothing that makes you need to play Gw1. Its just minor items to reward those players. I've enjoyed the game so far, the pvp is kind of "up in the air" as to if it will be good in long haul.

But its a solid game and worth the price since its free to play, might as well.

Tweak155

Lifer
Sep 23, 2003
Nothing that makes you need to play Gw1. Its just minor items to reward those players. I've enjoyed the game so far, the pvp is kind of "up in the air" as to if it will be good in long haul.

But its a solid game and worth the price since its free buy to play, might as well.

FTFY.

Tweak155

Lifer
Sep 23, 2003
Yah because people really care about $55 when they build gaming computers.

Ok? You're still wrong. It is NOT a free to play game. If you don't know or can't recognize the difference, it doesn't mean other people won't appreciate distinguishing between the two.

thujone

Golden Member
Jun 15, 2003
OMG HE CALLED THE GAME WITH NO SUBSCRIPTION MODEL F2P?!? IMPEACH! IMPEACH!!

oh wait... you mean this was an honest mistake?? an UNIMPORTANT honest mistake?

to be serious... you don't have to jump on every little misused word. it's obvious what he meant.

Anteaus

Platinum Member
Oct 28, 2010
OP, the only reason your asking is because you want to play both, because if you only wanted to play only one or the other you would already have your answer. Since GW2 is buy once with no monthly payments and is coming out this month, just buy it and play for a month. You have plenty of time before panda comes out to give you your moneys worth and make a final decision about MoP. When MoP comes out, if you still want to play WoW then buy MoP and play WoW. This really doesn't have to be an either/or situation.

Ashenor

Golden Member
May 9, 2012
OP, the only reason your asking is because you want to play both, because if you only wanted to play only one or the other you would already have your answer. Since GW2 is buy once with no monthly payments and is coming out this month, just buy it and play for a month. You have plenty of time before panda comes out to give you your moneys worth and make a final decision about MoP. When MoP comes out, if you still want to play WoW then buy MoP and play WoW. This really doesn't have to be an either/or situation.

Droppin Knowledge

And i concur

Tweak155

Lifer
Sep 23, 2003
OMG HE CALLED THE GAME WITH NO SUBSCRIPTION MODEL F2P?!? IMPEACH! IMPEACH!!

oh wait... you mean this was an honest mistake?? an UNIMPORTANT honest mistake?

to be serious... you don't have to jump on every little misused word. it's obvious what he meant.

That isn't the point. Someone might come into the thread not knowing you have to pay. Nothing wrong with correcting it. I threw no insults, rather just fixed it. Didn't do anything additional until the whiny response.

imaheadcase

Diamond Member
May 9, 2005
That isn't the point. Someone might come into the thread not knowing you have to pay. Nothing wrong with correcting it. I threw no insults, rather just fixed it. Didn't do anything additional until the whiny response.

You clearly did not expect them to look it up for themselves to.